Home | About | Donate

Despite GOP Efforts to Blast Dems, Americans Blame Republicans for #TrumpShutdown

Despite GOP Efforts to Blast Dems, Americans Blame Republicans for #TrumpShutdown

Jessica Corbett, staff writer
Critics urge Democrats to "stand strong" while calling on Republicans to end the shutdown "with a bipartisan solution for Dreamers, CHIP, the military, and disaster relief."
Donald Trump

Those community health centers–something from the ACA that I totally support–should be a line in the sand.

But watch the Dems “compromise” it away. Wish I had faith in Schumer. But I’m not a TBTF bank.

Republicans are being nothing short of nauseating to even be hinting at the shutdown is being caused by Democrats. Who is in control of both houses of congress and the white house? REPUBLICANS. And this will ultimately be named the Trump shutdown, the most horrific, sexist, racist president we have ever had in America.

Trump Republicans are sexist and racist whereas Democrats can become the party of diversity.
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/breakdown-114th-congress-demographics-gender

(emphasis mine)

Here they go again, using the old “support our troops” canard again, as though “our troops” are not being shamelessly used as pawns in their games of death and destruction. They invoke the word “security” all the time as well, to justify more, ever more, wasteful and unnecessary military and surveillance toys.

1. Why the phuque is our #shithole fake prez starting his re-election campaign only 1 year after he was elected???
  2. The only ‘murderer’ I see is the one in the Orangubrat House – ‘it’ has ‘murdered’ our laws; our climate; and our democracy!

" You’re entitled to your own opinions, but you’re not entitled to your own facts ". Sen. Moynihan
The polling, if that’s the measuring stick you Trumpster/Dumpsters insist on using, did not show that. But, The Flat Earth Society has never allowed facts to inform their worldviews. Don’t fall off the end of the world, we don’t have enough square boats to rescue all of you.

What I’m curious about is how many funds are appropriated for the asinine wall? This is just more ‘drama’, a distraction away from all the bad policy hidden within these ridiculous bills. This country has a serious fiscal monetary problem yet, it’s never mentioned in political discussions. How bad are the immigrants going to affected by this new resolution? Questions never discussed in polite political conversations. The wall is the stupidest idea yet, it just sounds good to idiots. This isn’t middle age China.

Trump 46%. Other 54%. That’s only winning if you’re also in favor of returning to the 1850s, like Judge Roy Moore and Trump.
They were losing, only +7-8% favorable margin, support among Independents/Non-Affiliated. Because of gerrymandering and very restrictive voting laws, the Dims need a +10% polling advantage in certain states. I bet you can guess which ones.:wink:

Trusting a Democrat is almost as bad as trusting a Republican.

You serve your Trump masters well, sir. You’re a legend in your own mind. Just like your boss.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=photoshop+trump+as+a+pig+hog&qpvt=Photoshop+Trump+as+a+pig+hog&FORM=IGRE

Photoshops and cartoons of Trump. Enjoy.

Here is the Real Clear Politics “Polls Page.” This is a summary of all of the recent major polls.

Tuesday, January 23
President Trump Job Approval Rasmussen Reports Approve 43, Disapprove 57 Disapprove +14
Monday, January 22
Race/Topic (Click to Sort) Poll Results Spread
President Trump Job Approval Gallup Approve 36, Disapprove 59 Disapprove +23
2018 Generic Congressional Vote ABC News/Wash Post Democrats 51, Republicans 39 Democrats +12
Direction of Country Rasmussen Reports Right Direction 39, Wrong Track 55 Wrong Track +16
Sunday, January 21
President Trump Job Approval ABC News/Wash Post Approve 38, Disapprove 58 Disapprove +20
2018 Generic Congressional Vote CNN Democrats 49, Republicans 44 Democrats +5
Friday, January 19
President Trump Job Approval NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl Approve 39, Disapprove 57 Disapprove +18
President Trump Job Approval CNN Approve 43, Disapprove 53 Disapprove +10
Congressional Job Approval CNN Approve 16, Disapprove 78 Disapprove +62
2018 Generic Congressional Vote NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl Democrats 49, Republicans 43 Democrats +6
2018 Generic Congressional Vote Pew Research Democrats 53, Republicans 39 Democrats +14
Direction of Country Harvard-Harris Right Direction 35, Wrong Track 55 Wrong Track +20

Who’s to blame for the government shutdown? A look at the political fallout

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/whos-to-blame-for-the-government-shutdown-a-look-at-the-political-fallout-so-far