Home | About | Donate

Despite GOP Opposition, Mounting Evidence That Medicaid Improves Health

Despite GOP Opposition, Mounting Evidence That Medicaid Improves Health

Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

Bolstering the call for universal coverage and undercutting a key Republican talking point, a new study finds that Medicaid expansion in Arkansas and Kentucky resulted in better healthcare and improved health outcomes among low-income Americans.

Yeah, but the truth and social well being do not matter to the fascists.
Power and control do.
Don't be fooled by the 'center'.
Vote for democracy.

Medicare for all! One republican talking point is you can not choose your own doctor, red herring. I began my health care experience fresh out of respiratory therapy school at 23 right into a level two trauma center 11p-7a shift. I Looked into the eyes of many a bloody accident patient, seen people die right in front of me, drove home crying. Point is, it is a human right to have a medical doctor to help us when we as people are sick, or injured, just as it is a human right to have clean water, air, food, shelter, etc. That is why we must make this choice to elect Dr Jill Stein, M.D. to the office of President of the United States of America. Dr. Stein understands are needs as a people.

This is about Medicaid. Not Medicare. Not a single Bern out ready to admit Obama expanded Medicaid. Health issues and Stein? She's a front for the anti vaxxers and would do serious harm to the CDC and the FDA. Dr Stein? Remember Dr Carson? But maybe she'll save our children from wi fi.

Republicans dont care about lower income folks getting anything including health care....They still think the ER is the best place for the poor to get health care even though tax payers also pay for that and it cost even more......The republicans are heartless vile bastards not one ounce of humanity or christianity in their fat over bloated bodies......Stupidity and Greed is their ICON their idol their GOD....Their christianity is nothing but a front for evil.

Here is a link to the number of states with and without Medicaid: http://familiesusa.org/product/50-state-look-medicaid-expansion

Between Texas and Florida, there are 2,439,000 people without access to Medicaid and more than likely have no health insurance of any kind. And Florida (and soon to be all the Southern states and Texas) is (are) facing a Zika virus crisis. Obstinacy is the only reason that the majority of the 19 states are without Medicaid...the state legislatures and governors shun the Affordable Care Act. There is NO valid reason for their foolish recalcitrance at the expense of the health of the people living in those states. State budgets are drained more rapidly by the consequences of NOT providing a safety net for the state's residents.

Want to talk about the consequences of the Democrats ending actual welfare and taking the first steps to phase out Social Security, targeting the disabled? Liberals have been fine with this, turning their attention to maintaining a pep rally for middle class consumers and campaign donors.

Medicaid provides basic medical care/prescription coverage to low wage workers, the elderly poor, and the disabled. Many qualify for Medicare/Medicaid. The critically important thing is to maintain a separate medical care system for our truly poor, those with no coverage. It doesn't make sense to provide more than "patch 'em up and send 'em out" medical care to these people, just to dump them back on the streets. Deprivation of adequate food and shelter take a very heavy toll on human health. In fact, I've ready that the overall life expectancy of America's truly poor has already fallen to age 60-62.

Medicaid. Medicaid, for God's sake. Do you have anything to say about the expansion of Medicaid?

As soon as Obama took the Heritage Foundation's health care reform introduced by the GOP in the 90s and relabeled it the Affordable Care Act (ACA) in 2010 the GOP had to be able to continue to differentiate themselves from the Democrats. Objecting to the entire ACA program is the only way they figured they could do so.

ACA corporate welfare is not health care reform. Medicare for all is health care reform.

If cutting Medicaid also reduces life expectancy to 60 to 62 years of age,the GOP not only resolves their Medicaid beef, they create a defacto Social Security solution...more folks dying immediately before becoming eligible for benefits at age 62 after paying into the fund their entire working lives.

BWilliamson I am sorry you are not going to bad mouth doctors on my watch! When the teenager suffers a serious head injury at 3 am, it is the neurosurgeon that gets out bed, and is there along with the trauma team to try to save the kids life! Dr. Ben Carson. When the eight year old kid goes into Status Asthmaticus on the school yard, and is rushed to the hospital it is the the doctor along with the E.R team that is there to save the kids life! Dr. Jill Stein. Have some respect BWillimson, doctors, nurses, and others are on the front lines everyday, 24/7 saving lives!

If we went single payer who would take care of all the f.....ing parisites?

Give it up. Most commenters here do not know how to present an argument - just non-sequiturs, endlessly repeated slogans and memes, and talk about their personal emotional feelings.

Most of the commenters really want Hillary to lose - and therefore Trump to win. They can't even see the obvious strategy that that the the more comfortable Hillary's lead is on November 7, the more votes the Green Party will get on November 8. But if it is a close race, and the Greens cause Trump to win, black and Latino USAns and the real (urban) poor** will understandably blame Jill Stein and the Greens for Trump winning, and no only will there be no chance of expanding and diversifying Green Party membership from its small core of white "professionals", but Jill Stein is probably going to need a body guard to protect herself against some of the upset people.

So it really behooves the Jill Stein campaign to stop the endless repeated vitriol and hate toward Clinton - while maintaining utter silence about Trump, and start spending at least 60% of her time attacking Trump.

** Traveling around western Pa. and West Virginia, I'm only seeing Trump signs at the nice rural homes of poeple who don't look at all poor to me. According to a recent study, the average annual family income of a Trump supporter is $75K. That is a pretty decent income for the low cost of living areas where most Trump supporters live.

Are you for real, or just plain ignorant & selfish??

To you ignorant and thank you for your kindness. Insurance never produced anything and is just a parasitic go between the sick and those that attempt to cure them for their profit.

Did you have violin music playing as you wrote? Dr Mengele. Neurosurgeon? Dr Waler Freeman. And Doctro Harold Shipman, Jayant Patel, and so many more. No profession is immune from its nut cases. Most certainly don't fit into the same category as the above, but medical degrees are not a guarantee of competence much less wisdom. Both Stein and Carson have some pretty bizarre ideas about public administration.

If & when the US realizes that single payer is the only solution, then you won't have an industry making out big time on the backs of people. I suspect you may agree.

Yes, healthcare is not something you can do without you have no choice and a medical industry that takes advantage of that misery is despicable.

BWilliamson Lets start with bizarre ideas about public administration, Vietnam era. The bizarre administration running the show then, forced that Iowa farm boy, fresh out of high school to go to Vietnam. Mom and Dad, and his kid sister, too never seen him again, as he died in that rice paddy in Vietnam. All because of a big lie! Dr. Jill Stein, M.D. is not going to let Iowa farm boys, girls, man, woman, LGBT, die in a foreign land ever again!

Wow, did you do a quick diversionary maneuver. I do agree Jill Stein will never send an army to war. She will never be president, just as she has never been a public administrator or Legislator of any kind.