Home | About | Donate

Despite Inclusive Rhetoric, Corporations Back Extremist State Legislators Waging War on Women

Despite Inclusive Rhetoric, Corporations Back Extremist State Legislators Waging War on Women

Eoin Higgins, staff writer

American corporations talk a big game about supporting women's rights, but new reporting shows that language isn't backed up by action.

"These are the same companies that publicly claim to support gender equality and women's rights"
—Judd Legum

I would like to hear from the AMA or the reproductive healthcare community. And can doctors protest by boycotting prostate treatment or some such way to address this problem.

That anyone thinks these companies give a damn about women except as a source of revenue represents a triumph of capitalist propaganda.

In fact, none of them gives a damn about ANYTHING that’s not a source of revenue.

3 Likes

I recall here in BC back when we still had a Lumber Company called MacMillan Bloedel. The environmental movement was making huge gains which included pressuring European Countries not to buy lumber from this firm as they used methods that were destructive of entire ecosystems .

Mac Blo executives came out one day indicating they would become an “Environmentally friendly” Company. They claimed they recognized they had a duty to protect the Environment for future generations and would seek to stop the most destructive practices.

The Environmental movement died off , a new Governmnet elected, Mac Blo merged with a larger frim and it was back to the same old practices.

2 Likes

I have to ask: is that a new menu item at the golden arches?