Home | About | Donate

Despite International Law Which Would Make It Illegal, Pompeo Claims US Attack on Venezuela "Would Be Lawful"

Despite International Law Which Would Make It Illegal, Pompeo Claims US Attack on Venezuela "Would Be Lawful"

Jon Queally, staff writer

After U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said Sunday morning that President Donald Trump has a "full range of options" when it comes to possible next moves against Venezuela, anti-war critics are wondering what the Democrats in Congress are prepared to do in order to curtail the administration's ongoing threat of using military force to overthrow the government of President Nicolas Maduro – an effort international legal experts say would be a violation of international law.

2 Likes

When a piece of shit like Pompeo says something is lawful he means only that he won’t personally suffer any real consequences for it.

13 Likes

The root for Pompeo is POMPOUSASS!!!

9 Likes

Translation: No, but that does not matter!

10 Likes

It’s at least partly about oil. But I wonder if is also about a western move on the “New World Order” platform. Take out what appears to be a strong military in South America, and go from there. Just as what happened in the middle east.
We are the domino tippers, not the communists this time. And I suppose we should be stopped. But are there any takers to push back on the richest army we have seen. If no one punches the bully he keeps on bullying.

5 Likes

Ilhan Omar has called out this repeat of stupidity to warmongering Pence and those democraps that support any illegal invasion:

11 Likes

THAT is the bottom line.
Status Quo Joe says GO!

Any Dems speaking out against?

4 Likes

It’s my sincerest hope that if these assholes decide to invade Venezuela, the entire international community including the Russians and Chinese, come to Venezuela defense, militarily.

7 Likes

Amerika is a lawless, Mafiaocracy complete with a POTUS Don and his lieutenants like Pompeo, Bolton and Abrams. The Fourth Reich is no longer covert, thanks to Trump, it is now overt. I think Paul Craig Roberts said it best:
" THE CURRENT ADMINISTRATION DOES NOT ACCEPT LAW, NEITHER DOMESTIC OR INTERNATIONAL AS A CONSTRAINT ON IT’S ACTIONS. THE CURRENT ADMINISTRATION IS THE EXCEPTIONAL, INDISPENSABLE…NO ONE ELSE COUNTS, NO LAW, NO CONSTITUTION, AND NO HUMANE CONSIDERATION HAS AUTHORITY TO CONSTRAIN WASHINGTON’S WILL. IN IT’S CLAIMS, WASHINGTON SURPASSES THAT OF THE THIRD REICH".

9 Likes

Corporate Dems in Congress like Pelosi want Maduro out too. They have even said so much. They are perfectly fine with the US instigating and aiding a coup in Venezuela. I heard senator Tim Cain also endorse what Pompous Ass and his friends in Trump admin are doing.

You don’t hear Dems call out Latin dictators like Bolsonaro. Just Maduro, because Venezuela has had the audacity to challenge using the dollar as the base global currency. The corporate state does not like that.

12 Likes

What does a Fascist oligarchy, with a record being the premier state-sponsor of terrorism, in all of world history, know about laws? You may as well ask Charles Manson his opinion.

8 Likes

French revolution part 2 anyone?!

1 Like

Here is Caitline on Rachel Maddow.

Peace
Po

1 Like

Start building to guillotines in downtown Washington DC.

The hordes of Constitutional Criminals and Treasonous Traitors will be running full tilt for eons.

1 Like

Rachel Maddow is at the end of her tether, maybe she’s even untethered from the real world.

3 Likes

we need allot more like her!!

2 Likes

I’ll take ten tickets for that show. PB you are saying what most of us feel.

I watched this when it ran and saw nothing more than Maddow citing the tit for tat goings on between Trump and anything anti-Putin.

I don’t know how to get the fact that the Trump administration effort to overthrow the Maduro government is clearly about oil and nothing else through to some progressive friends. I have friends who are normally very progressive who have totally drunk the Koolaid and are cheering for Guaido because the believe Maduro to be a “Tyrant”. My argument that if you are a liberal who does not believe anything else the Trump administration says, why would you believe them on Venezuela brought a reply that I was engaging in dogmatic thinking, and my friend does believe Trump on Venezuela. I can’t get them to look at progressive alternative media, like Democracy NOW!, or The Young Turks. This is an incredibly uphill battle because they have bought into the argument that there can’t be official “conspiracies” between government and corporate media, even though it is a fact that that is exactly what happened in the run-up to the Iraq invasion over the lie of weapons of mass destruction (which John Bolton was a leading voice on). As far as I’m concerned, what is happening here does nothing to argue against my long-held position that the CIA should have been abolished after the revelations of the Church Committee hearings in the 1970’s, as being responsible for far, far more evil in the World than any positive benefit.

6 Likes

Psychotics are often delusional… The only wall that should be built is one surrounding Washington DC to restrain the little Eichmanns.

1 Like