Home | About | Donate

Despite #ReleasetheMemo Call, Trump Signs Warrentless Surveillance Bill into Law

Despite #ReleasetheMemo Call, Trump Signs Warrentless Surveillance Bill into Law

Jon Queally, staff writer
"Our democracy is broken. And now that Trump has signed a bill expanding Orwellian domestic spying powers, the most powerful and corrupt officials will have the tools to ensure that our democracy remains broken, and target those who try to fix it."

And the USA used to condemn Russia and other countries for this type of thing. The USA is dead and gone. And both the Republicans and Democrats are equally responsible. Obama and NDAA for instance. And no one really batted an eye when Obama ordered to the murder of an American citizen. The citizens of the USA are the most compliant sheep possible. There should be massive general strikes and boycotts. But there will never be until it is too late. People cower in fear for losing their jobs which they are going to lose one way or another as the oligarchs steal everything in sight and continue to offshore jobs for the cheapest wage slave labor.

The Fourth Amendment (Amendment IV) to the United States Constitution:

“The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized”.

What is so hard to understand here Traitors to our once sacred Constitution?

It seems each generation from 1960’s on just doesn’t give a rat’s ass anymore.

Evil is…as evil does.

Invest in defensive weapons now. Use them when the Stormtroopers come.

Join a local militia and plan together to defend what our ancestors fought for.

Don’t be afraid.

Your whole post is correct, The above line is the greatest horror IMO.

Well, you have to remember that the Constitution is a very selective document written by patriarchal white supremacist property-owners and has pretty much stood the test of time (for them). The thing about “sacred” is that it applies to everyone, or it is not.

https://prism-break.org/en/
learn how to defend yourself

yep, the wolves are circling the sheep, scare tactic to confuse them

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized. Good bye 4th amendment, thanks congress and Trump.

“I, AB, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion, and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

All U.S. Senators and U.S. Representatives must take this oath along with the President-
How does voting for A Fascist leaning, Big Brother, Surveillance bill that attacks the Constitution square up with “support and defend the Constitution”?
I can only see this one way- I believe this to be Treason!

The sacred Constitution went out the window the moment the Patriot Act and the NDAA were implemented with the help of Democrats…

Yes and N0- You are still enjoying many of it’s benefits, one, namely, being able to opine and post it to this site…
The Patriot Act and the NDAA were and are dangerous and bitter disappointments, but we have not lost it all just yet…

I wouldn’t call it ‘benefits’. I would call it 'rights. There is an important legal distinction between these two that shapes the political process…

The impact of this warrantless surveillance bill signed into law should not be underestimated. We are now more than ever subject to the despotism of our own government. In fact, the government is at war with its people…

Some Democratic Senators. Your broadsides are offering more heat than light, currently.

Maybe not the best word-
The thing that bothers me is that they passed this piece of shit renewal for 6 years under the Presidency of A bastard like Trump-
These Democrats who went over to the other side need to be remembered for their treachery- (and so do their Republican counterparts)