Home | About | Donate

Despite 'War Crimes' Concerns in Yemen, Raytheon Nabs $1.6 Billion Arms Deal With UAE

Despite 'War Crimes' Concerns in Yemen, Raytheon Nabs $1.6 Billion Arms Deal With UAE

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

The United Arab Emirates (UAE) just inked billions in deals to secure new weapons from top Pentagon contractor Raytheon a week after an Amnesty International investigation further implicated the Gulf nation in war crimes for transferring Western weapons to unaccountable militia groups, thereby deepening the humanitarian crisis and fueling carnage in war-ravaged Yemen.

Profiteering off of brown people killing other brown people–a right wing orgasm. (Bet there were a bunch of congress critters who recently purchased RTN ahead of this news.)

4 Likes

Some may say “if we don’t, someone else surely will”. That is the sound of money talking. “We don’t make policy”, but might you try to influence it especially when it means huge sales for your company and profits? Be sure to go to church.
However, if the conflict in Yemen has not yet reached the level where charges of war crimes would stick at the Hague, then perhaps the carnage ought to be allowed to continue. The International Criminal Court sets the bar high.
I’ve told my Senators to vote for this resolution. I’ll be watching.
There is evil in this world with “Made in USA” printed on the side of the rocket.

1 Like

Despite ‘War Crimes’ Concerns in Yemen, Raytheon Nabs $1.6 Billion Arms Deal With UAE

In 1935, retired Major-General Smedley D. Butler, U.S.M.C., one of the most decorated U.S. soldiers, published his book War Is A Racket.

It is even more of a lucrative racket today for the Merchants of Death such as Raytheon, and their greedy, willing tools in Congress, such as Beto O’Rourke ($19,243 in 2018), Lee Zeldin ($11,000 in 2018), James McGovern ($10,235 in 2018), Tim Kaine ($10,000 in 2018), Eliot Engel ($10,000 in 2018), Diane Feinstein ($7,000 in 2018), Elizabeth Warren ($8,215 in 2018), Tom Suozzi ($5,500 in 2018), Kirsten Gillibrand ($3,325 in 2018), Chuck Schumer ($3,000 in 2018), Bernie Sanders ($1,794 in 2018), and Nancy Pelosi ($1,740 in 2018), to name only a few. All figures from https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/recips.php?id=D000000175&cycle=2018&state=&party=&chamber=&sort=N&page=5

Masters Of War
Bob Dylan
Come you masters of war
You that build the big guns
You that build the death planes
You that build all the bombs
You that hide behind walls
You that hide behind desks
I just want you to know
I can see through your masks
You that never done nothin’
But build to destroy
You play with my world
Like it’s your little toy
You put a gun in my hand
And you hide from my eyes
And you turn and run farther
When the fast bullets fly
Like Judas of old
You lie and deceive
A world war can be won
You want me to believe
But I see through your eyes
And I see through your brain
Like I see through the water
That runs down my drain
You fasten all the triggers
For the others to fire
Then you sit back and watch
When the death count gets higher
You hide in your mansion
While the young people’s blood
Flows out of their bodies
And is buried in the mud
You’ve thrown the worst fear
That can ever be hurled
Fear to bring children
Into the world
For threatening my baby
Unborn and unnamed
You ain’t worth the blood
That runs in your veins
How much do I know
To talk out of turn
You might say that I’m young
You might say I’m unlearned
But there’s one thing I know
Though I’m younger than you
That even Jesus would never
Forgive what you do
Let me ask you one question
Is your money that good?
Will it buy you forgiveness
Do you think that it could?
I think you will find
When your death takes its toll
All the money you made
Will never buy back your soul
And I hope that you die
And your death will come soon
I’ll follow your casket
By the pale afternoon
And I’ll watch while you’re lowered
Down to your deathbed
And I’ll stand over your grave
'Til I’m sure that you’re dead

2 Likes

"It’s All About The Benjamins Baby."

Obviously they give non-verbal clues to their family members and associates. Hopefully there will be reform in 2020 because it will make the stock market fair for everyone.

The Beto is top dog among the Dimocrats on the Raytheon gravy train? He plays well in Texas and Hollywood, but this shows The Beto leaves himself wide open to the left hook. Does he have a glass jaw? Uh oh, Beto!
The rest of the aforementioned, like Sen. Sanders, got the company couch money in 2018. They must be doing something right.
The upcoming Senate vote will be a marker.

If we can’t cap wealth or tax away concentrated power, we should abolish money. The hippies used to barter.

RAYTHEON… it sounds like a scary dinosaur or something from the Godzilla era.I will have to look that up and get back.

Oh Raytheon… well lots of missles and dog fight stuff in Cambridge MA. 3 guys Vnnvener Bush from MIT and Marshall, and engineer and Chares G. Smith got together and back in the 1920s originally. They are in lots of war related items from early giant batteries—all the way up to Apollo 11 computers----and then a man , Percy Spenser, accidentally discovered the positive side of microwave when his chocolate bar melted in his pocket. Then he tried popcorn and that really worked well. Raytheon started with Appliances and then worked their way up to killing lots of humans at once. wow, still----I can’t fault the microwave oven. Still----I wish they had stayed in appliances. : (

What do you call people who only love money

Fair for everyone?
Does that mean everyone gets a life boat?

1 Like

That is an impossibility by design.
The market as it exists now is rigged and run by privately owned algorithms that calculate market movements and execute orders before the rest of the world even sees the information.

1 Like

Generalized AI weapons systems are on the way, but don’t worry. And where is one of the world’s most powerful hubs of development of the future that they are designing for us? Well San Francisco of course which in 10 years or so will just simply be regularly transporting those horribly inconvenient homeless people out of the city on autonomous disposal vehicles.

And the AI crowd will continue working on humanity’s demise, in expertly designed interiors greenly monitored by the internet of things. Skateboards on the wall, scooters out front. We’re good.

I know, I’ve missed that whole Utopian logic of it all.

Byte me.

Cluck.

1 Like

98 % of Humans have no idea who they are and what they are doing here !
They think life is a competition for few resources that are in limited supply.
They believe they are seperate fro. each other and the victor should get all the spoils .

We have even created religions that tell us we are born in sin and that we are evil by nature !

I tell you we are born of god we are all gods information …in -for-mation .
We are all divine the greatest blasphemy is the highest truth .
The greatest interest of all humanity is Life.This is the greatest interest of God as well .God is just another word for Life.
Now we are destroying life and each other .Only organised religion could destroy life with impunity.We imagine that God has a greater interest than human life,and that allows you to waste it ,down through the millenia we have done this.

Pure humanism would never allow you to destroy life sanctimoniously. Only organised religion could justify such a travesty.

Beliefs create behaviours,if we wish to change our world and the direction it is taking we can only do this through changing our beliefs, then the behaviours will alter by themselves .

Exactly my friend. The main product produced in the U.S. is war material. We have a war economy, with the majority of our taxes going to the production and DELIVERY of weaponry.The public rightly objects to crazy war spending during peace time, so we now have perpetual war to prop up a war- MIC economy.
S. Butler was not only correct in his assessment, but brave to say so.

The main product produced in the U.S. by it’s people is indifference to their part in supporting the constant war state we are in.

No one can continue to support this two-party monopoly madness, and say they’re against war.

That’s hipocracy G.

Sweden 1969. Jimi, Noel, and Mitch.

Wall St. needs major reform because the majority of people that have inside information are the same ones doing disgusting “bonding activities” with each other. I’ve heard they did some nasty and embarrasing things to get their positions.

Also the stock market is heavily weighted to the top 5%. I know that some people made a little bit of money with their 401ks, however that was crumbs.

I’m only on the first song and can see the band is in perfect form. Better than some Hendrix.
I don’t know that I would equate “indifference” with party madness. Many are supportive, but simply hanging on waiting for something good to support whether it comes from a duopoly or a triopoly.