Home | About | Donate

Disarmament, Not Low-Yield Nukes

Disarmament, Not Low-Yield Nukes

Robert C. Koehler

Seven-plus decades ago, as humanity was ensnarled in a monstrous world war, its instinct to win — to dominate others above all else — achieved ultimate manifestation: the capacity to annihilate all life on Planet Earth.

We would be foolish to assume what our present arsenal looks like. I agree though, let’s stop producing offensive weapons, and spend those bongo-bucks the defense dept. gets on defense. Shoreline lasers to knock any enemy out of the sky. A larger off shore presence. Greater satellite and radar detection.
And stop turning foreigners into hamburger and their lands into rubble.

1 Like

Nothing demonstrates that the social inequality experienced in America is by design more than the proliferation of its mind-boggling stockpile of nuclear weapons. All of the effort expended in the creation of “full spectrum dominance” could be repurposed to create state-of-the-art public transportation, meaningful jobs, national parks, and so much more–not only for America, but also for so much more of the world. Lincoln famously said “Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?” The plutocrats of all nuclear powers and the sycophantic/parasitic minions drawn toward them are a pox on life on earth. Their way of exploitation must be expunged from the planet. If they choose to forfeit their own lives rather than relinquish their ill gotten gains, I’ll shed no tears.

3 Likes

yep! i figured that out as a kid… bet you did, too.

wow, gandolf! you must be very afraid of people you’ve never even met… who are our enemy and why do they want to threaten this country?

And stop turning foreigners into hamburger and their lands into rubble.

could this be the answer? stop threatening other sovereign nations? then we won’t need to waste money on all those lasers, satellites and shoreline defense.

Read Blowback by Chalmers Johnson (as well as his other works). From Wikipedia:

In Blowback , I set out to explain why we are hated around the world. The concept “blowback” does not just mean retaliation for things our government has done to and in foreign countries. It refers to retaliation for the numerous illegal operations we have carried out abroad that were kept totally secret from the American public. This means that when the retaliation comes – as it did so spectacularly on September 11, 2001 – the American public is unable to put the events in context. So they tend to support acts intended to lash out against the perpetrators, thereby most commonly preparing the ground for yet another cycle of blowback.

In the meantime the war profiteers get very wealthy. As WiseOwl says above, the bad shit in our society is by design.

Peace
Po

2 Likes