Home | About | Donate

'Disaster Capitalism at Its Worst': Report Details Big Oil's Efforts to Cash In on Coronavirus

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/05/12/disaster-capitalism-its-worst-report-details-big-oils-efforts-cash-coronavirus

1 Like

Why single out Big Oil?

The Fed is now buying ETF corporate bond funds.
JP Morgan leadership has stated unequivocally that investments are now risk free.
Nancy Pelosi supports bailing out the lobbyist industry that pads her golden cage.

It’s called oligarchy from industry to industry.

2 Likes

Since this story appears nowhere but here on CD, its moderators would be the ones to ask. So would the corporate media be “zeroing out” Big Oil and its partners in crime? (rhetorical question, i know)

1 Like

If we are opening businesses like Tesla we should be bailing out the people first so they can buy stuff to keep business profits in vogue. The people, the unemployed in particular, don’t want to go bankrupt any more than business.
I’ll be waiting late this afternoon for the planes to do a fly over in honor of nurses in the line of duty.
We have plenty of extra jet plane fuel, pilots already being paid, and global warming has been even more forgotten than before.
I would hope they would drop little American flags so everyone can be proud of our country.
Being facetious.

1 Like

who killed the world?

Capitalists from industrialized countries imposing their extractive economic policies on colonized countries. In other words, Europeans and their descendants.

Harsh, but true.

2 Likes