Home | About | Donate

'Disaster-in-Chief': San Juan Major Blasts Trump As Slow Recovery Drags On 100 Days After Hurricane Maria

'Disaster-in-Chief': San Juan Major Blasts Trump As Slow Recovery Drags On 100 Days After Hurricane Maria

Common Dreams staff

Carmen Yulin Cruz says the Trump administration's "botched" recovery effort has been "insensible," "man-made," and "Trump admininstration-made."

San Juan Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz

As is everything else they touch, it is a completely artificial crisis, the ideologically-based excuse to drain the treasury and line the pockets of the rich. Get ready for the coming storm…

BRAVA to Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz for her dedication to her people and courage in the face of evil!

There may be several reasons for this entirely predictable situation, but a primary one is racism.

The powers that be do not want PR repaired. They want all the housing to be fore-closed on so they can steal it for a dime and turn PR into a Vegas style resort, just watch.

“Although nearly 70 percent of the island’s electrical grid is generating power after being destroyed by the storm,”

Looks like they finally fond some company to their liking to to fix the electrical grid.

That has the resonant ring of truth.

I recently read an article on the Intercept to that effect, sorry I don’t have the link. But the big winner is the banks and developers with so many leaving the island to live here.

I hear what you are saying and I agree, it sucks

But I think Mother Nature is going to roar Cat 6’s down this bowling alley for the foreseeable future

Could be we have the better days of PR behind us

So Sad

Hey editors:(San Juan Major Blasts ‘Disaster-in-Chief’ Trump As Slow Recovery Drags On 100 Days After Hurricane Maria)

it’s Mayor not Major

Trump, it seems to me, has a reversed Midas touch that turns everything he touches to crap. For instance: Trump could have thrown $100.00 bills to the suffering people in P.R. but choose to throw worthless paper instead!

Sadly this is true. Living on an island in that great bowling alley of ocean is no longer fashionable. Some of the most amazing sea life is there, what of them? The waist belt of the globe is getting screwed.

The other is fascism.

Yeah…those lazy bastards not wanting a sham company designed for nothing other then laundering money to rape them. They actually wanted real engineers and electricians…can you just imagine???

Remember this article/the Truth it presented. And know, it never ended:

How Karl Rove [and Bush] Played Politics While People Drowned

"The story that day Karl Rove was feeding was: ‘The president is on the job, the president has taken control, the president is going to rebuild, and despite the fact that the government and all these babbling fools down here can’t do anything, the Corps of Engineers is on the job.’ So we landed at the canal, five minutes from my house. I was so excited because they were finally doing something. The Corps of Engineers was there, and they had dump trucks and sandbags. All the cameras were there for the president, who was doing one of his famous press conferences about how he was going to do everything.”

“I swear as my name is Mary Landrieu I thought that what I saw with the president was still there – people working, trucks, sandbags, everything. Then I looked down and saw one little crane. It was like someone took a knife and stabbed me through my heart. I lost it." There, in the cabin of the helicopter, as they flew above the breached canal below them, Landrieu sat devastated. “I could not believe that the president of the United States, staged by Karl Rove himself, had come down to the city of New Orleans and basically put up a stage prop. It was like you had gone to a studio in California and filmed a movie. They put the props up and the minute we were gone they took them down. All the dump trucks were gone. All the Coast Guard people were gone. It was an empty spot with one little crane. It was the saddest thing I have ever seen in my life. At that moment I knew what was going on and I’ve been a changed woman ever since. It truly changed my life.”

Push[ing] a Positive PR Campaign as Puerto Rico’s Crisis Continues

You know the work teams ar the same. It’s just that the money is now going to a more “acceptable” firm. It just took oner for the people to get their electricity back. Probably cost more, breaking out of the orginal contract and finding a new one. But who really cares? Can you just imagine that?

I’ll bet that if some kind of disaster had happened in Beverly Hills or Mar A Lago, everything would be up and running within days.

3,000 of Puerto Rico’s police are on strike for not getting paid. Carjackings are on the rise.

You can’t please PREPA and the “fix the unfixable” crowd. PR needs decentralized renewable energy, not disastrous nuclear, fracked gas or expensive imported polluting fossil fuels.

Feliz Ano Nuevo PR!