Home | About | Donate

'Disgusting and Disturbing': Trump Guts Endangered Species Act in Gift to Big Business

Is anyone surprised? has Trump done ANYTHING to improve lives for people since he took “office”? Everything he has done since day one has been punitive:> take away, jail, deport, detain, cut, defund. This is no different.

I really feel sorry for anyone who has brought young children into this world or plans to have them. Those kids will be growing up in a wasteland choking with pollution and environmental degradation and disease, all on a planet that’s on fire. What kind of a life do people think those kids gonna have 20, 30, 50 years from now? Even in Western developed nations? They say that if current levels of inequality continue, in 33 years the super rich will pretty much own 100% of the assets in this country, you know the same people who are responsible for creating this damage. To make matters worse, there is actually no indication that things are going to change for the better anytime soon. Look at how progressives and their ideas keep being pushed aside and marginalized and maligned. The best we can hope for is Joe Biden. And if somehow Warren or Sanders were to win, they’d be facing massive opposition from the oligarchs and the politicians they own so chances are even people like them couldn’t bring about the serious change we are in dire need of. Your kids will inherit a wasteland people.

7 Likes

I was thinking of Edward Abbey myself … or maybe 4 of his fictional characters. And then there’s “Woman at War”, a recent flick out of Iceland.

1 Like

I read someone refer to Trumps actions as legislative vandalism. What is it with this POS that everyday he must destroy policies put in place for the betterment of our wildlife and planet. Bernie 2020 !!!

8 Likes

I hate to say it but I think we need to get out in the streets and raise hell until someone realizes this can’t continue and must be stopped. The election is too far away from now when Trump is removed. Who knows what will be left by then.

3 Likes

sigh----this does not seem legally possible----and if it is —then the planet is dying with us. Although, I am surprised that no one has shot him. I think this Trump person is tired of being president and wants to go down in history as something----another killed president seems to be the best he would come up with, I supposed : (

I do not believe that any president who could roll back so many good laws really has the ability to do this. Can a court injunction stop this murder of the Earth?

6 Likes

Trump and Republicans will be eulogized as the last Oil Nazis. They will go. They have to be taught a lesson during their exodus.

6 Likes

If only the press had the guts to ask tough questions.

7 Likes

Way too much optimism here !

Trump’s base is the problem, and the religious right, I believe known to Americans as the Republican Party ? I’ve heard that 45% of voters back Trump - after all he has done, and undone ?

If I was a betting man - I’d think The Base & Company will simply steal the next election - and leave explanations to the spin doctors.

Does anybody seriously believe after 1963 that this is just a flash in the pan ? There is a clear pattern, things are getting worse and worse. I see no light at all.

2 Likes

Well first of all, did you vote in the last presidential election, and vote against him? If so, good; then do it again. If you didn’t vote, I don’t think there’s anything I can say that’ll inspire you to vote this time, but it’s up to us all to get out and vote. Despite the imperfections in the voting system,our vote is the only tool at our immediate disposal that would have/will remove Trump, et al, from office. If more people had voted last time, maybe we wouldn’t be stuck with this guy So forget Impeachment. Vote him out.I know, I know-Hillary is Hillary. But look at all we have gotten along with Trump (Brent Kavanaugh, Neil Gorsuch, etc., etc.)

Thank Pelosi for trump still angrily rolling back regulations in the Oval office. She stifles any impeachment inquiries and probably agrees with most of what he does. Shumer? HAHAHA. He’s as worthless as tits on a boar hog. All they care about seems to be keeping up the republican mantra, but voting no when they know a destructive bill will pass, making them look good. It’s sickening to see congress yawn when this monster is destroying our country.

8 Likes

because those promoting those policies are not Human beings. they are something, Other

2 Likes

As I have stated on numerous occasions before, what we are currently witnessing is the “Smash and Grab” portion of this presidency. The problem is that there are two different but decidedly similar groups performing this end game of our Republic.
First, there is Trump. He is now doing what all of his old colleagues told us he would do. After he fucks everything up, he will burn everything to ground just to protect his own interests. Don’t be surprised if he is seen leaving the White House in Jan 2021 with a suitcase filled with silverware and tapestries, and jumps on the nearest plane to a non extradition country.
The second portion of this smash and grab is being done by the oligarchy itself. The last remnants of our collective government are being vivisectioned and sold off to the highest bidder. By the time 2021 rolls around there will be no more “commons.” What is left after the great sell off will resemble more a banana republic than a nation. The earth will be warming out of control, and there will be no organizational force left in the USA to even dream of combatting it.
In short, you are seeing the beginning of the end.

5 Likes

Pelosi could impeach over this attempt to subvert the laws protecting the environment and human safety but I guess her Wall Street handlers don’t want that.

9 Likes

TrumpMitchpublican government needs to go extinct.

3 Likes

Seems he’s intent on killing every living thing except white people.

3 Likes

Don’t forget the pro-Korporate DamnocRats.  The DNC stuck us with Hilliary in 2016, which led directly to the election of Tweetle-Dumb.  And they seem Hell-bent on sticking us with Biden in 2020, which will lead directly to Tweetle-Dumb’s second term . . .

Except RICH white people, that is.  Anyone who can’t afford private health insurance and a membership in Mar-A-Lago isn’t even on his radar.

9 Likes

Hello Vaquero. You can be most assured that I did vote in 2016 (for Hilary) and I WILL vote in ‘20. I am very politically active and have never missed a primary, congressional, nor general election. We must must vote this sociopath out of office next November! And even then…if he loses, he STILL may refuse to step down! I wouldn’t be surprised if he orders martial law across the country.

2 Likes

But don’t forget that Crumpus has filled dozens of empty seats with conservative judges across the judiciary. He is stacking the courts with far right judges that will have lasting implications for decades. Fortunately for Humanity…we no longer have decades on the planet, thanks to nonlinear planetary warming and Climate Change. Humanity…a failed experiment.

2 Likes

When progressives get the means, we need to punish business so they cannot recover in 500,000 years, we must reverse every single piece of republican and right wing democrat legislation since FDR. We must pass every piece of progressive legislation that has ever been proposed, redundant or not We need to tax business now so extremely that in the eventuality that they gain power again months or centuries from now, we have already accounted for the fact many centuries in advance. We need to use the death penalty as a means of controlling anti environmental lobbying, call it “ecological terrorism.” It is impossible that our response to this is too extreme - our planets’ existence is literally severely threatened. We must amend the constitution so that the executive has no power over environmental policy. We need to create anew branch of government more powerful than all the rest combined, who has total fiscal power over the others, and whose only purpose is the restoration of the global environment, and prevention of any and all damages to it.

7 Likes

fyi

[https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poetrymagazine/browse?contentId=29869]

2 Likes