Home | About | Donate

'Disgusting': GOP Congressman Tries to Get Parkland Victim's Father Ejected From Gun Control Hearing

'Disgusting': GOP Congressman Tries to Get Parkland Victim's Father Ejected From Gun Control Hearing

Jenna McGuire, newsroom staff

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) was angrily interrupted by Manuel Oliver, the father of Majory Stoneman Douglas shooting victim Joaquin Oliver, during a House Judiciary Committee hearing on gun violence Wednesday after the lawmaker said that "a wall" on the southern border would be a more effective way to curb gun violence than mandatory background checks.

I’m surprised Matt Gaetz must have left his white hood at home.

2 Likes

Was he insinuating that our mass shootings are perpetrated by illegal border crossers, and not American people with mental issues and emotional animosities? That is disgusting scapegoating.

President Trump: If God wants to hold me accountable for my sins, he/she is a “political hack.”

4 Likes

Poor Nadler. But he had to know this sort of thing would happen.

Just realized, reading the other article from the hearing,

that it’s nonsense for Gates to even make this argument. Background checks and a wall are apples and steel slats, neither mutually exclusive nor even comparable. In an online forum, he’d be flagged off topic.

3 Likes

Republicans once again display their complete lack of shame. A reprehensible piece of excrement, Gaetz gives white men a bad name.

1 Like

Good God! The racist cretin Matt Gaets should consider himself lucky that the parents of shooting victims did not tar and feather him. Obviously, none of these pretentiously "polite “parliamentarians” have ever observed parliamentary proceedings in the UK.

4 Likes

Today they are bald faced.

2 Likes

The congress person needs to go back the grade school for geography lessons. How does his “wall” apply to Florida? And to relocate that rock he crawled out from under, geez.

1 Like

Even Gaetzs mother is hanging her head in shame.

1 Like

What we have is gross denial. Denial about our state of clinical mental disturbance, about gun issues, and our knowledge of the deadly force numbers relating to brown people.
We also need to study up on the “White beatitudes.”
White privilege, white trash, and white prejudices.

1 Like