Home | About | Donate

'Dismal' and 'Grim' Sign for Trump as National Poll Shows Biden Leading by 14 Points

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/06/24/dismal-and-grim-sign-trump-national-poll-shows-biden-leading-14-points

1 Like

FYI, this poll is coming from a source that routinely reminds people of Trump’s electoral collage advantage in 2016 and weights by education. So don’t write it off!

The two party box lives on. How is it that Americans can’t find their way out of it?

It’s the craziest thing…

19 Likes

I’m not ready for daily poll numbers yet.

7 Likes

Have we really reached the point where the best we can do out of 330 million people is a fascist psychopath and a right wing advocate of big banking suffering from dementia? I don’t remember but didn’t Clinton have a significant lead in the polls before Trump won?

16 Likes

If he starts polling too well he will become more and more likely to abandon the progressives and pick a solid centrist as his running mate. Whoopee. Here we go again.

9 Likes

Kamala Harris is leading in the betting markets. She tried to carve out a “middle lane” between Biden and Sanders in the primary, so… I guess that is… Left of Left of Center?

Biden is just an avatar anyway

2 Likes

Don’t count out Michelle Obama. That could happen. You have to admit, it would make for one heck of an interesting election.

2 Likes

An avatar with early onset cognitive regression.

8 Likes

Because they’ve locked us in it and thrown away the key. It’s going to take some unconventional, i.e, revolutionary, methods to get us out of it. We’re not going to just vote ourselves out.

7 Likes

A lot of people do not seem to look what’s beyond their own noses when they focus only on a defeat of Trump in the November elections.

Yes, defeat Trump. But beyond that, the winner has to do the more important job of governing in what seems like the most challenging times we here in the US have ever faced. There are serious issues coming in ever bigger waves that we face including policing and racial injustice, Covid-19, increasing economic inequality, and THE CLIMATE CRISIS.

Can Biden rise to the occasion? He needs to start demonstrating that he can.

4 Likes

Yeah, what a choice. We simply don’t have another four years to waste on either of these monsters. Nothing will change, it will only get worse with these two. Take your choice: Tyrannical Reprehensible Uncaring Monstrous Plutocrat or Braindead Ideologue Demanding Endless Neoliberalism. I just looked up June 2016 numbers from one poll: Hillary Clinton has a 12-point lead over Donald Trump nationally. Clinton has 49% support to Trump’s 37%, with Libertarian Gary Johnson at 9%.

8 Likes

It will be ‘Dismal’ and ‘Grim’ for all of us, no matter who “wins”.

12 Likes

“If only” Biden was 14% better the Trump.

7 Likes

neoliberals gotta be thrilled!

return of austerity with style!
I’m so excited.

Can someone just give the US last rites please?

9 Likes

That, was always the strategy from the beginning.

9 Likes

hoping that someone who was a neoliberal before it was even a thing is going to suddenly discover their humanity after nearly a half century of being a huge douche is pretty much the epitome of wishful thinking.

I can only imagine Wall St laughing again. They simply cannot lose under this arrangement.

11 Likes

I hate to sound like Fox “news”, but for a guy campaigning from his basement it shows how bad Trump REALLY is. I am referring to Biden as “Default Joe” because basically he’ll be a default President if he gets elected and it is looking more and more like a landslide in Nov. And, we all know what we’re getting with Biden, no hope, no change.

11 Likes

The only thing this poll signifies to my mind is just how desperate (non violent folks at any rate if you get my drift) people are to rid ourselves of this horrendously unqualified occupant. Biden should not rest easy and none of the “democrats” should. They are next.

2 Likes