Home | About | Donate

Dismissing Need for Abortion Access, Ted Cruz Claims Pregnancy Is Not 'Life-Threatening'—Despite Alarming Maternal Mortality Rate in US

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/09/03/dismissing-need-abortion-access-ted-cruz-claims-pregnancy-not-life-threatening

Seems clear, right wing males “Christians” are a life-threatening problem
for females in US – especially those who are pregnant.

By contrast, women in the U.S. face the highest maternal mortality rates among wealthy countries, with Cruz’s home state of Texas ranking among the 10 worst U.S. states for health outcomes for pregnant women.

Across the U.S., the maternal mortality rate in 2018 was 17.4 deaths per 100,000 live births, and 37.1 deaths among Black women.

The anti-abortion groups are minuscule compared to 85% of support by Americans for
contraception and abortion/CHOICE.

We fail to take a lesson from the right wing that is NOISE that gets attention.

Out in the streets kind of NOISE – and btw, the kind of behavior which has permitted them
to get away with destroying women’s clinics across the US – Bombing clinics – and
MURDERING Doctors and personnel at women’s clinics –

without being labelled ‘DOMESTIC TERRORISTS’ …

which they should be.

They and the KKK “Christians” using the “Christian” cross as their symbol of hatred.

Note – Ted Cruz isn’t up for re-election until 2024!!!

3 Likes

I know this is a little off this topic but I almost gag when I think of Ted Cruz having anything to do with human reproductive care, and maternity care especially. I’m not sure where Republicans, and Christian republican think they have the right to interpret female healthcare needs based on their ideology rather than sound medical practice or personal choice.

I’m voting Cruz off the island, it is not his choice and women shouldn’t have to deal with these domestic terrorists.

It is a choice, unlike living in million person slum with the age of consent to become a parent 12 years old for girls.

1 Like

Make no mistake about it, they are trying to steal babies as well as force women who dont want babies to have them. Often, they are in effect slut shamed by fundamentalist churches whch are actually doing it for ulterior motives, These churches lobby for every possible thing that makes it impossible for women who really cant afford to be pregnant to not be able to terminate their pregancies. They make it too expensive to do so. Their deal is at a fairly high level, according to my friend, who was actively involved in pushing for the rights of adoptees and birth mothers.

She was an adoptee who was actively fighting for open records laws because it turns out this coercion causes permanent emotional scars in poor women. The right wing churches, which are heavily involved in the unregulated adoption industry, have a near monopoly on what is in effect selling poor womens babies by coercion. Yes, selling their babies. the women often dont want to give them up but faced by huge bills and parents who are unable to pay the only way out of a huge debt (the hoospitals now are also putting the debts in the babies names too) is basically letting these “adoption facilitatrors” take their babies.

They collect huge fees from prospective adoptive parents. This scheme is a racket, and its a criminal way to treat poor women. No other country in the world is as mean to poor women, so couples come here from all around the world to adopt. And they pay top dollar.

At least this was the situation as of a few years ago.