Home | About | Donate

Disputing Trump Claims, Japan Says No Evidence Iran Was Behind Saudi Attack

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/09/18/disputing-trump-claims-japan-says-no-evidence-iran-was-behind-saudi-attack

3 Likes

From the article:

“Japan is not the only major nation to express skepticism about the Trump administration’s rush to blame Iran for the attacks…”

Skepticism is good. Ridicule would be better, if not yet as diplomatically palatable. Kudos to all truth-tellers, whoever you may be.

21 Likes

The news outlets are reporting the story of so called inspectors identifying drone wreckage as Iranian. So I guess there is SOME evidence, bogus or otherwise.

I have a small purchased toy size drone. If I crash it into Trump tower, for example - will China get blamed?

Trump’s latest = more sanctions placed on Iran.

CNN intelligence analysts. Please do not think of CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, Fox, on cable as having intelligence. They are for profit. They are for ratings. They are for Trump - so far, same as 2016.

9 Likes

Sent this news worthy story to the Toronto Star newspaper. Maybe…if they have the courage…they will stop a war.

Mr. Blair M. Phillips
St. Catharines’
Retired

2 Likes

How dare the Japanese dispute the claims of our Intelligence apparatus.

The USA is never Wrong.

When we said there were WMD in Iraq we… Oh Wait.

Sorry Japan, maybe you are right?

More Sanctions on Iran?
Trump the Bully thinks we can Blockade a Nation from doing business with the rest of the World without any consequences.

I am certain that Iran will retaliate against this Aggressive Act of War.

I expect the price of Oil will soon skyrocket once the Iranians hit the Saudi Oil Fields again.

What gives us the right to dictate what a Sovereign Nation can or cannot do with regard to building weapons for Self Defense?

North Korea, Pakistan, India, China, Russia, France, Israel and England all have Nuclear Weapons, it is the only defense mechanism that guarantees them protection from Imperialistic Nations like the USA.

The only thing keeping one Nation from trying to Dominate the World with these deadly explosives is:

MAD = Mutually Assured Destruction.

In other words if one Nation initiates a Nuclear War it will soon be Vaporized in a retaliatory strike by the Nation that was attacked.

So far this mindset has been working.

I must ask; why does the unofficial policeman of the World, the USA, find it necessary to disarm Sovereign Nations?

Any of the Nations belonging to the Nuclear Club poses a danger so why is the US not trying to disarm all the Countries that possess Nuclear Weapons.

This new round of Sanctions will certainly cause an All Out War in the Middle East and one way or another it will be brought to the Shores of America; in the form of another 911 or by damaging the Worlds Oil Supply.

Get Ready For Long Lines At the Pump and the price of Gas going UP.

Trump the Greatest Negotiator in the History of the World, more accurately the Greatest Bullshit Artist ever to Con Americans.

7 Likes

Forget the fossil fuel lines; buy an electric automobile.

3 Likes

The u.s. don’t need no steenking evidence. They got weapons to sell, bombs to drop, and murders to commit!

10 Likes

At least the people who frequent this site have the smarts to parse fact from fiction if watching these programs. And that’s why I’m limited with Fox to one second. The time it takes to keep going while whistling past the graveyard.

And has anyone noticed that trump, as you say like in the run up to the last election, has been getting daily press and TV time.
Soon he will have the rubes thinking he is the only one running.

5 Likes

Where are those aluminum tubes? Time to drag out Colin Powell to make another presentation to the UN.

4 Likes

The last time these news outlets reported missiles fired by Houthis being of Iranian origin they pointed out the similarities between the ones the Houthis used and that of the Iranians.

They both were long and pointy and had rocket engines

I recall another incident in the war on Iraq. A spokesperson for the Pentagon claimed to have intercepted weapons from Iran being sent to the insurgents. There was to be a press conference where these to be displayed. The problem was there were early leaks of photos of those weapons and those who took the time to LOOK at those photos remarked that not only did the “Made In Iran” sticker on the munitions look like it was added as an afterthought , but it was in English rather then Farsi and used English script.

They called that news conference off at the last moment.

4 Likes

They just have to forge a part number on a piece of wreckage.

1 Like

WMD’s in Iraq, 2003

Not nuclear at all. The tubing photo shown to UN for a war resolution by Colin Powell was aluminum. Not zironium, titanium or even stainless steel.

Wait, there is sadly - more.
In 2005 and 06, our soldiers dug up 5,500 to 6,000 artillery shells filled with bacteria, virus and poison gas that had been buried. Some leaked. Over 80 soldiers poisoned. One coast guardsman got sick just walking past the truck having some shells.

The admission came in by phone here about June 15, 2014. It was printed in the NY Times in October. A two day article. I had asked why US did not disclose in 2005. Today, I know why.

1 Like

Was there verifiable reasoning for burying rather than destroying? If you know.

MSDNC AND CNN same as fox. Lie lie lie. Fox’s Shepard Smith probably better news hour than Brian Williams or Lester Holt or multimillionaire Anderson Cooper… I only watch the weather forecast and even that is not that safe a bet. Press really really awful.

Lol! Like those little limpit mines placed way above the water line on that Japanese ship! Mines are supposed to be under the water!!!
Man, I don’t know which is worse, how dumb the press thinks we are or Washington with these fake pictures. They look like the photos where big foot or flying saucers or the Loch Ness monster. Fuzzy and out of focus. Us military needs some new cameras…lol

4 Likes

Two reasons those chemical weapons weren’t disclosed when they were discovered:

They’d been unused since the 1980s and thus didn’t qualify as “WMDs” under UN inspection rules.

Even more embarrassing, they were developed with help from “western nations” undoubtedly including the US.

3 Likes

Not all of them were buried. And quotes The Daily Mail:

“But all the weapons found had been developed before 1991. Most of them were mustard agents in 155-millimeter artillery shells or 122-millimeter rockets developed by Hussein during the Iran-Iraq war which raged between 1980 and 1988.”

“Another reason for the cover-up, according to The Times, was that five of the six chemical weapons encounters involved weapons designed by the U.S.”

‘’ ‘Nothing of significance’ is what I was ordered to say,’ said Jarrod Lampier, a now-retired Army major who was present when forces found 2,400 nerve agent rockets in 2006 - the largest chemical weapons discovery of the war."

2 Likes

Thoughtful comment. Most bad stuff comes down to something we are involved in.

2 Likes

Granted CNN can be quite ragged around the edges especially some of their regular panelists.
Without trying to defend MSNBC, I would like to see or hear specific untruths put out by them, or why they should not have covered the Russian connections and the horrific personnel changes and convictions of trump fellows.
I think Maddow wears black because it identifies her with her male counterparts that often wear dark colored suits. She is after all the husband figure in her relationship.

1 Like