Home | About | Donate

DNC Dithers While the World Burns

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/11/15/dnc-dithers-while-world-burns

2 Likes

There already is a fire lit under Tom Perez’s ass.

It was lit long ago by corporate donors and the right flank of the d-party, which is the only flank that matters except when Perez gets slightly nervous about the hippies in his party trying to be heard. I say slightly nervous, because he is really good at ignoring the DFHs.

3 Likes

From the article:

“It’s time for green groups to reignite a green fire under Tom Perez and the DNC.”

The sentence above indicates that the writer has no idea of how the DNC, the DNC executive committee, and the chairperson function.

8 Likes

Git a rope!

5 Likes

The capitalists are selling them. And there are plenty of lampposts on Wall Street.

5 Likes

Gonna need a lot of rope.

2 Likes

Does anyone else find it strange that nearly every Democratic presidential candidate has publicly called for a climate debate the DNC refuses to hold? That isn’t democratic. Nor is it smart.

I don’t find it at all strange. It is exactly what I expect from the DNC. Of course, it isn’t democratic. The DNC isn’t democratic and the courts have upheld their right not to be. When has the DNC ever acted smart?

6 Likes

Given the numbers of people who will vote for Trump I’m not at all convinced that being democratic is all that smart to begin with. The RNC made a huge mistake in allowing their supporters to have a say in giving Trump the nomination. The DNC will make their mistake in the other direction if they allow the corporations and oligarchs to nominate Biden rather than the person their supporters want. The difference, of course, lies in the two respective supporter make ups. When you allow the ignorant dupes to decide, you end up with the arch criminal Trump and when you allow the oligarchs to decide you end up with the corporate toadie Biden. Funny the difference…or not.

2 Likes

Either way you end up where you now are: in the middle of global neoliberal fascism.

3 Likes

It’s time to use the fear tactic of climate change the way that the repugs use the tainted immigrant homo. None of us are going to live well 30 years from now if nothing is done about the climate. The Kids and Grandkids argument wins!

3 Likes

The DNC is detrimental to the party, to the nation and to prospects for an improved climate outlook. Not only that but the DNC will also interfere with the primary election to prevent the election of Bernie Sanders as they did in 2016. The DNC is simply unethical to the core.

5 Likes

When Cortez brought her green new deal proposal before the DNC and they immediately rejected it; I then realized they were just in much in bed with big business as the GOP is.

5 Likes

Exactly. There will be no real hope for progress with Tom Perez in the lead position. That is exactly why they put him there. The DNC, in its current form, will be a roadblock to any positive outcomes for the Democrat party. Either the party and the DNC reforms or we make them obsolete.

4 Likes

The DNC literally has zero obligation to run a fair primary process or respect the will of the voters.
They proudly said so under oath in a court of law.

3 Likes

The DNC has been the greatest threat to democracy since Bill Clinton. It needs to go. We can all help facilitate that by talking to our friends and neighbors about withholding $$$ from the party and giving directly to candidates. Of course to do that we’ll have to be well informed and polite, unlike most of the commenters on CD.

2 Likes

The DNC’s pandering to the wealth of the corporate sector cost us the presidency in 2018. It will likely cost us the next election as well. That quote; “If God had wanted us to have elections He would have given us candidates.” has never been so apprepo. I have stopped giving my pittance to the DNCC and will only support my representatives directly. As I see it that is all they want us for and I have no reason to have any use for them. I see them as leeches draining the strength of the party and promoting the neolib corporate sell out.
The DNC isn’t dithering, it is obstructing the will of the people.

1 Like

For 40 years I’ve been watching the Democrats turn into vicious 1980 Reagan Republicans and the Republicans run even farther into totalitarian mode. I’m educated and knowledgable and I’m also extremely tired of being ‘polite’ to people who DO NOT DESERVE to be treated as if they were informed and polite. I also teach martial arts, and when somebody keeps hitting you in the face over and over you don’t talk politely to them.

Ghandi would have lasted maybe two seconds in 1938 Germany, and without the thousands of India rebels blowing up British soldiers and assassinating British politicians when he was alive India would still be a British colony…

The DNC/RNC corporate monopoly needs to completely end, both need dismantled and at the same time. How to go about that? Give money directly to the candidates when the only candidates that are allowed are Democans or Republicrats? ‘Facilitate’ that talking to neighbors who have been indoctrinated from birth and educated for 12 years into a culture of colonialist empire and whose paychecks depend on corporate empire Capitalism? When the ‘debates’ are owned by the DNC & RNC corporations? Good luck with that. I’ve noticed that they mostly go back to watching tv and staring at their cell phone screens when you’re done ‘facilitating’ at them.

The neoliberal/neocon wealthy who control both sides of the Corporate Party are NOT going to let go of their power and privileges. Historically they never have without a bloody vicious fight to the death. Read up on the history of the end of all the other empires in history, Jessejean, there has been 22 other major empire-civilizations (which have never been ‘civilized’), so get real about what actually throws these kinds of sociopath/psychopaths out on their ass. It isn’t politeness and protest marches to be blunt.The powerful have always financially/socially destroyed and killed those that oppose them and nothing much has changed since our species invented nuclear weapons and figured out how to use oil and electricity. The DNC would rather have Trump than elect Sanders the FDR Capitalist. It took the wealthy 70 years to dismantle FDR and they sure don’t want to see it come back.

Case in point about being polite: The largest antiwar protests worldwide in modern history and Cheney and his sockpuppet W still committed a War Crime and invaded Iraq. So much for polite, eh?

And I take offense at your last sentence. It was uncalled for as I find many of the commenters on this site dang intelligent and informed. A number of them (like myself) have a science background and understand exactly what we are facing. Daunting, no doubt about it, and playing polite footsie with bought and paid for corporate whores just isn’t the answer. I’m not sure what is. As Einstein said (paraphrasing), doing the same thing over and over expecting it to turn out different is a sure sign of stupid.

sealintheSelkirks

2 Likes

If this continues at the current rate for thirty years there will definately be a lot less humans raping the planet. We, instead will be feeding it. The need for serious and effective governmental action is upon us. When the first nation is overwhelmed by starving refugees it will be too late.

The pandering to wealth of our political parties has become a national disgrace. It has created or exacerbated every problem, worry, concern, and fear the population has to face. Every freaking one!

2 Likes

Yes, it certainly has. The wealthy can never be left to problem solving on a mass scalle because the solutions to global issues work against amassing wealth in the hands of the few.

1 Like