Home | About | Donate

Do U.S. Oligarchs Exist? Not in Mainstream Media

Do U.S. Oligarchs Exist? Not in Mainstream Media

Jeff Cohen

TV news shows are good at getting viewers riled up. Day and night, I hear the anchors on CNN and MSNBC getting us riled up about the schemes of this or that “Russian oligarch with links to the Kremlin.” I’ve heard that phrase incessantly in recent weeks

The US oligarchs own and operate the major media outlets, it’s no surprise to that their existence does not get mentioned much. Except for the Koch brothers, there is no guidebook to who they are — what are their names, what do they own, how much influence do they have and through how.

There needs to be a a guidebook on who these people say so they can be dealt with directly — not to harm them but to hold them up to public accountability by name.

Exactly right.

These 15 Billionaires Own America’s News Media Companies
https://www.forbes.com/sites/katevinton/2016/06/01/these-15-billionaires-own-americas-news-media-companies/#4acfc4a3660a

Just so all of those here at Common Dreams who support the parties of the Duopoly know, Oligarchs control the parties you continue to support.

They’re using you like they would use a condom.

Of course U.S. Oligarchs don’t exist in MSM, because they OWN the MSM. And the MSM runs cover for them, like a magician distracting us from all the things they do to as they rape, pillage and steal everything from everyone else.

Yes, and every time someone says “liberal media” with a straight face, an oligarch gets an erection.

Good one Pony Boy…like a used condom…good analogy.

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. - George Orwell

You made me laugh, Bob.

Good one!

I would not lump the Koch brothers in with these other corporate types nor would would I include Robert Mercer. The Koch brothers are engaged in trying to take over the political system. They have set up numerous organizations to carry this out often rather secretly. Their goal is a libertarian country in which the have-nots would fare far worse then they now do in any US state. You would have to look to a developing country to see the type of impoverishment that would in store for much of the US population if the Koch brothers succeed. They have basically taken over the Republican Party so they are well on their way. Robert Mercer is supporting white supremacy. His money is behind Breitbart News, Donald Trump, and much of the efforts known as white nationalism. The Koch brothers and Robert Mercer are not simply oligarchs. They are essentially trying to overthrow democracy and turn the US into an entirely different type of country.

Amen!

Or maybe a golf shoe.

Good distinctions!

Does anyone know if Fascist Fokker has been booted off CD?

After seeing the unmatched return on investment (ROI) owning the three branches of the US gubmit and media has produced, the oligarchs are buying up media and gubmits around the globe. Brexit’s popularity is in no small part driven by oligarchs owning the European Commission.

You can run but you can’t hide.

Good question PonyBoy. As someone who was banned for a year or so, I know it happens on CD. And my offense was apparently questioning Hilary’s foreign policy during the election. It doesn’t take too much to get kicked off if you touch the wrong nerve around here. If it is the case he his banned, I will sorely miss his passionate posts.

Fake news is a way to escape all the bad things going on.

Hence, it fills a need beyond being the mouthpiece for the establishment.

It is entertainment and distraction.

Trump is the distractor in chief thus the man for the times

Climate change is now unstoppable, so best to wallow in latest Trump excapade

And if humans on the earth are eliminated through nuclear war or through climate change, why not enjoy the show while it lasts?

Geezer,

I too am concerned about him.

I too was suspended for being too Anti Hillary and Anti Trump not 2 months before the election.

Missed the whole damn thing.

What pissed me off more than anything was, CD erased me completely off the comments section, wiped clean any and all comments I had made from the start.

If this is still how they continue to suspend commenters, I believe Fascist Fokker is safe as I can still read his last comment in which he had a bit of a cursing meltdown.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Yeah, that is what happened to me and my comments as well. My history was completely erased. So, maybe Fascist Fokker is simply taking a break from all the madness. That is something I can relate to, and I will keep my fingers crossed.