Home | About | Donate

Do Western Nations Care about Yemeni Lives or Saudi Blood Money?

Medea Benjamin

How much is the life of a Yemeni worth? Not much, according to the Saudi regime that has been bombing and starving the people of Yemen for since March 2015, or to the Saudi’s western backers, particularly the US and UK, which have been supplying the Saudi regime with weapons, military training, logistical support and diplomatic cover for its dirty interventionist war.

" If Western values do not prioritize making blood money for General Dynamics, Raytheon, Lockheed Martin and the other companies that profit from war, lets prove it."

General Butler proved it a long time ago when he said: WAR IS A RACKET! There is an overwhelming, plethora of proof, but it has been mostly hidden from the general public because of the brainwashing by our education system; the presstituted corporate media; and the manufacturing of enemies in order to manufacture the consent of the American people.

Thank you Medea, as always, and I followed your link, the invitation to "join us." I will send my own original plea to my elected representatives, as I believe individual statements have more effect than mass form petitions. In a sane and honest world, you and Code Pink would already display a peace prize, but as we've seen the Nobel Peace Prize has very little to do with ennoblement, and less to do with peace.

"House of Bush, House of Saud" Craig Unger.
How the Royal House of Saud, the House of Bin Laden and the Bush Family have been interconnected for 90 years.
And how they've all grown rich together.

People care.

US and European governments are terrorist war mongers that serve immortal corporations and do not care about citizens anywhere, inside or outside borders.

Things like this make it difficult to trust what the US Government says about Syria or anyplace for that matter. The credibility just isn't there.

I do not know the name of an innocent government. It is almost impossible for a mere human to keep track of the daily atrocities committed by insane governments that want to grow their tax base to infinity on a finite planet. (maybe Iceland is innocent).

Is it not encouraging that the British government has arms sales to Saudi Arabia under continuing and careful review?

It's about expansion, but it's worth considering where and why, and I at least still have questions.

The US was bombing Yemen directly before the Saudis were, and the Yemeni government was claiming responsibility for it themselves. So this is not some viciousness particular to the regime, but related to the alliance with Israel and the US and NATO and Turkey.

I would assume that there are issues of transport routes here, with Yemen and Djibouti pinching the Red Sea strait at the south. If you are to have a war in Europe or the Western Mediterranean. there are scenarios in which your energy might head South.

It's worth knowing that the people usually called "terrorists" are not a large concern to the US. The executive has regularly acted directly against the impressions of its intelligence services with regard to so-called "terrorism" since at least 2001, doing things to increase it rather than increase it. This sort of attack, insofar as it really originates outside-of-house, mostly provides an excuse for further policing, centralization, militarization, and mayhem. There always has to be another motive.