Home | About | Donate

Don’t Believe the Media Hype About Saudi Prince Mohammed Bin Salman

Don’t Believe the Media Hype About Saudi Prince Mohammed Bin Salman

Medea Benjamin

Saudi Arabia’s 32-year-old Crown Prince Mohammad bin Salman, heir to the Saudi throne after eliminating his rivals, is on a two-week whirlwind visit to the United States starting March 19. He plans to cement his ties to the Trump administration, shore up support for his war in Yemen while whipping up more opposition to Iran, and make lucrative business deals.

Charlie Rose may be gone, but CBS continues to schlepp for Israel and their “friends.”

The US, Saudi Arabia and Israel are, without doubt, the strangest of bedfellows. T.E. Lawrence must be turning over in his grave.

Guild, you are reading my mind! While reading this, I was thinking the same thing!

So what the heck is there some kind of torturers convention that all these low lives crawl out of the wood work this week?

Somebody planted this yes man into power, the usual suspects. I was in machine shop once, the head of that trade school went to Saudi Arabia and came back with a red checkered tablecloth on his head.

His US visit follows a PR tour of the UK where he bought the loyalty and support of the British government by signing several trade deals including billions for the UK arms industry and promises of many more contracts for the future.

The Saudis are ‘perfect’ partners for the modern U.S. corporate governance. Human values are banned. Corruption ticket required for admission.

I rarely watch 60 Minutes any more. Ironically, though, I just happened to catch the segment, some weeks back, on the tragedy in Yemen, and snips of O’Donnell’s interview with MbS. I almost choked with rage on both occasions. Following the Yemen story, I wrote CBS’ executives and 60 Minutes producers to express my frustration that they had ignored the U.S. role and shared responsibility for the tragic conditions. No response, of course.

The softball interview of MbS, and touting of his “progressive” stance on letting women drive is just another example of their following the script of the MSM to keep viewers from seeing the darker, deeper secrets about the effects of American imperialism abroad (and the steady undermining of democracy at home).

Oh, but women can now drive! Who cares about war crimes abroad, and the violent suppression of dissidence internally? What a Prince!