Home | About | Donate

Donald J(esus) Trump

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/06/13/donald-jesus-trump

1 Like

My caption for the above picture:
FASCISM HAS COME TO AMERIKA STANDING IN FRONT OF A CHURCH; HOLDING A BIBLE AND WEARING AN AMERICAN FLAG.

6 Likes

All Piss [on] the Trump.

I don’t want to pick nits but the picture in the editorial shows trump holding bible right side up. And any book I’ve ever had with a sewn book mark falls to the bottom; it doesn’t come out the top of a book. Am I using my place mark incorrectly?

1 Like

Sometimes I believe President Trump is sincere when he holds the Bible up as a symbol of solidarity with his Jesus-loving constituents. The “religious-right” do vote somewhere in the 90% range. What I don’t understand is why I don’t hear his Jesus-loving constituents saying, “Prince of Peace.”
Why do our Jesus-loving friends think in terms of Armageddon, the last battle between good and evil but don’t recognize plastic as an endocrine disrupting compound? Plastics found in baby bottles. Plastics such as bisphenol-A (BPA), bis(2-ethylhexyl)phthalate (DEHP) and dibutyl phthalate (DBP), phthalate B. Why are people evil and plastics not evil?
Why do our Jesus-loving friends recognize they are stewards of the earth but allow putting more carbon dioxide and methane in the atmosphere causing our glaciers to melt away rapidly and forever?
Why in the Bible-belt of Brownsville, Texas our Jesus-loving constituents can’t tell the difference between a loving parent and a child predator? Why, in the name of Jesus are we slaying the souls of children by separating them from their parents?

1 Like

As we already know from Genesis, we’re supposed to believe—uncritically and passively–that “Man” was given dominion over the other animals; that God planned the world explicitly for “Man’s” benefit; that nothing in the physical world has any purpose except to serve “Man,” God’s “highest” creation. [“What’s the difference between God granting [man] dominion over every living thing and the U.S. military seeking full-spectrum dominance?”—Derrick Jensen]