Home | About | Donate

Donald Trump’s Modern-Day Gestapo

Donald Trump’s Modern-Day Gestapo

Sonali Kolhatkar

The Republican Party likes to tout “family values.” Its website says, “The family is the bedrock of our nation. When American families flourish, so too does our country.”

Data from 2013 show that, in that one year alone, President Obama's administration deported 72,420 parents who had one or more children. It is unclear how many of these children will likely never see their deported parent(s) again.

The numbers are likely to be higher under Trump.

Despite the Trump administration's xenophobic and anti-immigrant rhetoric, according to a CNN/ORC poll, the majority of US citizens are opposed to deportation of undocumented residents.
(Source: http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2017/images/03/17/rel4g.-.immigration.pdf

Let's get one thing straight here: whereas the GPO claims to stand for family values (a meaningless phrase, if I've ever seen one, because who doesn't?), we know what Trump and his ilk stand for: absolutely nothing. That said, let's not pretend that the two, Trump and the GPO, aren't inextricably linked with each other. In the end, the GPO will be taking that same anti-immigration ship and watch it crash into the iceberg, as long as Trump can sign off on their priorities: eliminating Obamacare, tax reform, etc. So be it. The more of the conservatives who board the Trump ship behind the likes of Sessions (the enforcer; giggle, snort), the better. This is all quite nauseating now, but every immigrant they deport is just another nail in their coffins. The immigration issue is just another smokescreen that distracts from the bigger picture that people will see in due time.

Disgusting garbage. Wrecking people"s lives with no care it the world. I hope it comes home. No one is immune to upheaval. Traumatic events. So.... i hope ypu get every thing you dished out times ten. That would serve your arrogant KKK asses right! ICE agents are moderm day Nazis! Wonderful! (Sarcasm)
Are you guys proud? You will not be looked upon as nice guys in history you know. You will be recognized for the low life pieces of shit that you really are!

Just a test to see if I can post a comment.

And, now, against even Native Born Citizens, is the exploding Nationwide use of SWAT teams to forcibly Invade, Ransack and sometimes Destroy, Citizen's homes while unaccountably wounding, and sometimes killing, Innocent Family Members and Pets, all in the pursuit of minor assignments and low level duties.

("SWAT" originally standing for Special Weapons Assault Team later sanitized into Special Weapons And Tactics.)

This situation reminds me of George Harrison's warning, Watch out now, take care, beware of Greedy Leaders who take us where we should not go.

We have become barbaric.

Nazis weren't a different species ... and most of us can guess what proportion of Republicans would support Hitler .... along with many DINOs.

Also, the German People during Nazi Germany times did not really fully know what was happening in Germany during that time. After all, the German People's news came from the newspaper, radio, or word of mouth, with the newspaper, and radio taken over by the Nazis. Also, many, many Germans lived in small towns throughout Germany during Nazi Germany times, out of touch with most news, or all news from Berlin. What is the American people's excuse?

Oh, they did in the 30's and invested heavily in German industry. Only when they threatened Britain did the US notice because of all the loans. Also the US basically didn't give a damn about the Jews and turned away vast numbers of the immigrants. An aside: They made their investments back,(from Germany) rebuilding Europe.

Perhaps the peasants working the crops, but a big portion of German citizenry did know only realizing they were powerless to stop the monster they helped to create. Americans can be just as clueless if they don't pay attention and realize they too are powerless to halt the monster they created.

Living in Germany for 3 years 1988 to 1991, I traveled around Germany, trains, planes, and automobiles. There are a lot of very small German towns all over Germany, and for example, the German Alps region has many small towns itself, and in the 1930s to 1940s news of the truth from Berlin did not come as easy as you might believe. Think back, radio, and newspapers were not stating the full truth, and word of mouth stories of actual truth did not come easy. Where were the German people of the 1930s, and 1940s suppose to get the truth? From the Internet? Television? Not yet available.

Also, the US did not give a damn about the Roma (Gypsies) either, where almost as many Roma ( Gypsies) were executed as the Jews were.

Ironic that you point to Nazi propaganda, but not the propaganda of the Corporate State here in the US.

My point is the American people have far more sources of information,(Internet, radio, magazines, newspapers, television, diverse population, etc., etc., etc.) and still end up where we are today.The German people had, ( Nazi radio, and newspapers), and word of mouth, and for many, many Germans their towns were isolated from news from Berlin because they lived in the Alps region for example. Is there a difference between the two, Germany of the 1930s and the 1940s, and America in the last 20 to 30 years.