Home | About | Donate

Donning Trump's Red Hats, Republicans—Including Former Critics—Fall in Line

Donning Trump's Red Hats, Republicans—Including Former Critics—Fall in Line

Nadia Prupis, staff writer

The normalization of President-elect Donald Trump continues on Capitol Hill, where Congressional Republicans received red baseball hats reading "Make America Great Again"—Trump's campaign slogan—in a conference meeting on Tuesday.

Reminds me of Brer Rabbit in Song of the South singing "I was born and raised in a briar patch", after telling his captors to "do anything, but please don't throw me in the briar patch".

Anybody who thinks the mainstream GOP ever had any concerns about Trump is eligible for a special deal on my ocean front property in Phoenix.

Will they sing Ry Cooder's No Banker Left Behind at the inauguration ?

They would all prostitute themselves, their mothers, their sisters, and their daughters to maintain their power and feed their insatiable greed. Scum of the earth bowing down to the devil incarnate.

Does this remind anyone else of certain armbands that became very popular around 1933?

Many posters here believed Trump would:

A. Overturn the Washington establishment, or
B. Have his plans blocked by that establishment.

Any delusion served to justify his election over Clinton.

Not touching Social Security and Medicare was a promise Trump made to his base. There will be a revolt in the Republican party if Ryan actually tries to do this, not to mention the whole country will come unglued, this isn't going to happen. These two programs have always been a third rail in this country, Bush tried it too but it didn't fly.

And I pray that you are right!

In a way, not so much fall in line as pile out of the Trojan Horse.

Here is an excellent article on strumps rhetorical attempts to create a new pretend reality for the masses:
authoritarian propaganda "cannot fulfill this longing of the masses for a completely consistent, comprehensible, and predictable world without seriously conflicting with common sense.” - See more at: http://www.occupy.com/article/beyond-lying-donald-trump-s-authoritarian-reality#sthash.rhiVz3oi.dpuf

Must be a pretty picture, you in the GOP dropping to your knees.

Something to consider when thinking about Donald Trump's signature Red Caps.

From Wikipedia:

A red cap or redcap, also known as a powrie or dunter, is a type of malevolent, murderous dwarf, goblin, elf or fairy found in Scottish Border Folklore.
They are said to inhabit ruined castles found along the border between England and Scotland.

Redcaps are said to murder travellers who stray into their homes and dye their hats with their victims' blood (from which they get their name).

Redcaps must kill regularly, for if the blood staining their hats dries out, they die.