Home | About | Donate

"Don't Just Watch Us. Join Us," Say Activists, as Greta Thunberg Joins Climate Strike Outside UN Headquarters

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/08/30/dont-just-watch-us-join-us-say-activists-greta-thunberg-joins-climate-strike-outside

1 Like

Perfect request. “Come join us.” I hope congress members show their support as well.

2 Likes

“Let’s not wait any longer. Let’s do it now.”

Impeach, Indict, Incarcerate, Celebrate.

What else is there to do? Sit and watch while your house burns down? Might as well go there and join in. If I were able to I would, hanging out here is getting rather boring.

1 Like

Greta Thunberg is so amazing. I never thought I would see the day when a young child would be more intelligent than the PRESIDENT OF THE US!

3 Likes

That’ll be the day!

1 Like

If there ever was a time to bring your tired old (or young) body out into the streets to join your brothers and sisters, it is this time and now!

The Labor fight, Vietnam War, the Civil Rights struggle, and ther environmental actions that are The Now, and at least as relevant and critical as any other political or critical social struggle!

If you have not joined, the time to do so is short - it’s later than you think!

Regardless the aches, pains, busted parts - load-up on the anti-inflammatory’s and whatever else is needed to make it thru the day and marching with friends and family hopefully, it must be done regardless - there is no other option! And, we must get out there and support people like Greta who are leading - where their energy leads we should follow!

2 Likes

Was there any mainstream media coverage of her when she arrived on Wed? Since I only watch Dem Now who covered her arrival I am unaware of any media outlets giving her any space. No wonder people don’t know what is going on unless they are reading sites like Common Dreams, Counterpunch, etc.

2 Likes

Sadly, she may be relegated to Bernie time.

I can send you another 30 dollars today. Will try and get it in the mail before the mail is picked up. betsy shipley

Tropical Storm Dorian was supposed to hit Florida as a tropical storm as of 3 days ago. 90 degree ocean water. Dorian is now up to 150 mph sustained winds. Do you have a problem with that?

The Arctic is melting down. Our current path boosts greenhouse gases from 410 ppm to 1100 ppm in 100 years. Translation, it will be hard to grow food anywhere on earth. Is that going to be a problem?

I’m an inventor. I wish people would join me, and I wish we had the R&D money to have 90% solar heating/cooling for all buildings, 99.9% renewables for our electricity generation and transit that uses 90% less electricity per passenger-mile. I name these inventions because I already know in rather good detail how I’d go about them.

Yes, if somebody comes along with something even better, I’ll swallow a bit of my own pride and be happy for their success. I’m still ok.

Wouldn’t it be nice if you could bring your skill set (or a willingness to learn) and don’t just read this, join us? Saving human civilization is real work, and humans feel right with the world when they do real work.