Home | About | Donate

'Don't Let Anyone Fool You,' Says Sanders. Primary Wins Show Progressives 'Transforming American Politics'

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/08/05/dont-let-anyone-fool-you-says-sanders-primary-wins-show-progressives-transforming

6 Likes

Thank you Bernie and to so many progressives. What you propose is what so many Americans need—a nation that truly is FOR the PeopIe.

23 Likes

“Don’t let anyone fool you,” Sanders tweeted Wednesday.

The rich irony in this utterly cynical remark will be completely lost on legions of the Sandernistas who will dutifully follow their hero straight into the DNC’s slaughterhouse, as intended.

19 Likes

Ironic words coming from someone who told us to support Clinton (who lost to Trump) and Biden neither of which have one progressive bone in their political bodies. Now go round up some more sheep to herd to their deaths at the hand of the Democrats as they continue to enable their Republican cohorts in Congress on behalf of their corporate masters. Bernie is apparently just another fool on the hill.

14 Likes

Hi FIick:
I support aII of Bernie and the Squads’ programs. I wiII not be voting for either of the
braindead pussy grabbers. : )

22 Likes

What is most telling is how much money the DNC spent compared to previous election cycles fighting off progressive candidates challenging DNC operatives in primaries.

19 Likes

So which of Bernie’s policy positions do you oppose?

2 Likes

I am talking about how he refused to actually fight for them and then tells us to vote for someone who will ensure none of them happen. It seems he actually opposes them with his actions.

11 Likes

So the answer is “none”?

6 Likes

“Don’t let anyone fool you,” Sanders [tweeted] “The truth is, despite the opposition of powerful special interests, we are transforming American politics. The political revolution is gaining more and more support.”

Don’t let anyone fool you, especially that old fraud and sellout, now full time shill for the Republican Lite Party. That statement up there is a bald faced lie from a man who has single-handedly set anything that remotely resembled a genuinely progressive movement back a decade or more. All those faux progressives he’s taking credit for, they’re just the next generation of Sanders-style sheepdogs for the Republican Lite Party. Political revolution? The man’s got a hell of a nerve to continue using that phrase. “Political capitulation” is a far more apt slogan for that man’s movement.

9 Likes

Exactly so

5 Likes

Democrats, along with the GOP, better begin to realize that the “Status Quo” is a thing of the past, or neither will survive.
A Social Democracy is the future, not a militarized, agressive Plutocracy for profit.

12 Likes

Austintatious:
What a bunch of crap. Sanders has been singing the same song since he was born.

7 Likes

So, I’m guessing, your answer is to let divide and conquer win, the GOP’s strategy, and become Trumps lapdog for another 4yrs?
Yeah, that’ll work!!

5 Likes

Watch the shit scared oligarchs start freeing themselves from their wealth in their attempts to stop the attacks on their corrupt inequality and money flows.

2 Likes

No, that would be your assumption about me. I am for true progressive policies and I have the awareness to know that Bernie aligning with the Democrats will never get any of them enacted.

7 Likes

Divide and conquer is what BOTH PARTIES do on behalf of their corporate masters. It is the strategy of the corporate oligarchs and carried out by their political puppets and the citizens who are too stupid to see it and keep voting for the two corporate parties. But if it makes you feel better, then go ahead and fall for their game.

7 Likes

Well, Wayne, your prediction sounds really good but absent real votes being cast in our legislative bodies in Washington and across the nation that supporting your Social Democracy, a relative status quo will be it for the foreseeable future. The uber rich and the big corporations will be getting richer and more powerful, the middle class will continue to disappear, the ranks of the less fortunate will continue to swell, and the masses will become more and more economically enslaved. Sadly, the best opportunity we’ve seen in our lifetimes to move the country closer to what you predict has been squandered by that fraudulent political revolutionary whose lies are highlighted in the article just above. And as Sanders himself has well demonstrated, no leader of that movement to your Social Democracy is coming out of the Democratic Party. Not ever.

3 Likes

I don’t know how people can believe the progressives recently elected to Congress (that Bernie’s policies, campaign, and continued efforts and support have helped promote) will not make a difference.

~https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHlEIEM31Q8

We can’t rely on any elected official alone once they are elected; WE must remain active and hold all of them accountable.

10 Likes

But you won’t answer the question?

Which of Bernie’s policy positions do you oppose?

2 Likes