Home | About | Donate

Don't Let Big Pharma Make a Killing by Profiteering Off COVID-19 Treatments

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/03/25/dont-let-big-pharma-make-killing-profiteering-covid-19-treatments

1 Like

Yup, and Shrub ensured there would be no price negotiating to benefit the people.

1 Like

30,000 -40,000 citizens showing up one day on the sidewalk outside the homes of these CEO’s would get their attention - I guaren-damn-tee.

If this happened a few times to different CEO’s, their attitudes would change dramatically

Just sayin

If they did show up, they’d be arrested.

1 Like

And ByeDone is hell bent on continuing that legacy

1 Like

Depends on how its done

The first step in treating anything is assessing the damage. In the case of COVID-19, there’s evidence of brain damage (hence the lost sense of smell). Much of the pop-tart med-chatter you see seems to breezily assume prompt availability of effective treatment. (Which would be orders of magnitude more quickly than it took when AIDS came around, incidentally.)

The neurological locus of COVID-19 damage complicates matters considerably, it seems to me. I’ve done long-term care of a severely epileptic patient. Neurological trouble has a slippery tendency toward wild, mysterious vacillation, in my experience – usually a treatment challenge. This looks like a tough nut to crack. We should know that. Many survivors will likely sustain irreversible damage.

In a review article first published February 27, Yan-Chao Li of Jilin University in China and colleagues argue that if SARS-CoV-2 infects nerve cells, particularly neurons in the medulla oblongata, which is part of the brain stem that serves as the control center for the heart and the lungs, the damage could contribute to “acute respiratory failure of patients with COVID-19.”

The epidemiological evidence supports the hypothesis that neurons in the medulla can become infected with SARS-CoV-2 and contribute to a patient’s breathing problems and potential death. Li and colleagues explain that the time it takes for COVID-19 to progress from first symptoms to difficulty breathing is typically five days; patients are then admitted to the hospital roughly two days later, and a day after that put into intensive care. “The latency period is enough for the virus to enter and destroy the medullary neurons,” they write.

*ttps://www.the-scientist.com/news-opinion/lost-smell-and-taste-hint-covid-19-can-target-the-nervous-system-67312

Actually its:

the state always reflects the values and desires of its OLIGARCHY. What the People want doesnt even figure in to it