Home | About | Donate

Don't Let the Supreme Court Open the Door to More Discrimination Against LGBTQ People

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/10/31/dont-let-supreme-court-open-door-more-discrimination-against-lgbtq-people

1 Like

All of these headers to these articles mystify.

I am not sure where it all came from but they all have this “don’t let…XXXXX” meme and then detail the harms done if the event in fact occurs.

What mystifies me is none of the articles detail how they will prevent this from happening. What happens if the Supreme Court ignore the “don’t”. What does the person to to stop the supreme court from making the decisions ?

5 Likes

Well too late now ! You should have voted and campaigned for Hillary !

You do have a chance to campaign for Biden but I do not see it in the article

1 Like

I think this is pretty clear, the government should stop funding religious organizations. If they provide charitable care based on their religion to their consenting participants fine. Otherwise, secular funding would be a broader basis for care. This has historical significance. The Supreme Court itself is now biased as well.

1 Like

The current makeup of this SC is going to be all about taking hard won rights away from citizens.

1 Like

I’m with you, Suspira. CD has become this flaccid mouthpiece for the Democratic Party. I used to vastly prefer CD over Counterpunch, with their snarky and unnuanced British-Australian Marx-ish contributors, but now that Common Dreams has become diluted with this fluff, there’s nowhere to turn. We need more and deeper analyses, not more Winship, Hartmann, Ruth Coniff, Jesse Jackson, Norman Solomon, etc. To be constructive, more Chris Hedges, Jonathan Cook, Medea Benjamin, Richard Eskow.

2 Likes

Get the fucking Catholics OUT! They have a “faith-based” agenda in the long run. The Catholic Church with its “dogmas” and “doctrines” is like a multinational corporation doing business everywhere and supporting conservative governments and politicians to carry out its “values.” And it sits upon a empire of wealth to arm itself with and has celebrity status like the Ewings of “Dallas.”

1 Like

That’s why I say:

Get the fucking Catholics OUT! They have a “faith-based” agenda in the long run. The Catholic Church with its “dogmas” and “doctrines” is like a multinational corporation doing business everywhere and supporting conservative governments and politicians to carry out its “values.” And it sits upon a empire of wealth to arm itself with and has celebrity status like the Ewings of “Dallas.”

1 Like

That is why we have a separation of powers so that religion is confused government policy. I know of at least one I wouldn’t mind seeing resign.

1 Like

That is exactly what I’ve been saying for years. The whole faith business has become a criminal enterprise. Just to keep the coffers filled.

1 Like