Home | About | Donate

Dozens of Civilians Reportedly Killed as US-Backed Saudi Coalition Pounds Yemen

Dozens of Civilians Reportedly Killed as US-Backed Saudi Coalition Pounds Yemen

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

Dozens of civilians were reportedly killed and hospitals and embassies were damaged this weekend as the U.S.-backed Saudi coalition continued to pound supposed Houthi rebel targets.

The Wall Street Journal describes the weekend attacks as

intensifying a retaliatory campaign against the country’s Houthi rebels following the death of 60 coalition soldiers in a rocket attack on Friday.

Looks like the Saudis have learned from both the US and Israel.

The US Fourth Reich is a corporate controlled and therefore profit driven fascist state. War is the most profitable business in the world and so the Reich is dedicated to endlessly expanding wars. It has an Axis doing much of its dirty work while the arms sales profits (from all sides) continue to roll in.
* About the only relatively peaceful way to bring this greedy bastion of cruelty to a halt would be to BDS the entire bunch. Hit 'em in the pocket book. It is the only place left where they can feel pain.
* The Reich has garrisoned most of the world, has bought most of their politicians, and it is largely driven by AIPAC, the Likud controlled propaganda and legislator purchasers, answerable only to Netanyahu and his gang of crazed war hawks.
* If BDS would starve them all out, perhaps we could get rid of our own Quisling government and restock it with actual representatives of We the People. Something we haven't seen since FDR died, save for JFK's brief tenure.
* The alternative, I fear, is to have continually expanding wars, continued rape of the planet, millions more refugees, increased domestic surveillance, the opening for business of the Bush built concentration camps, which are still there, open for whenever the fuehrer of the moment decides he/she is threatened with loss of power.
* “The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first.
* “The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.”
* Thomas Jefferson
* 1743-1826
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think the old tree is getting pretty droopy. Needs manuring, I think.
;-})

The EU vassalage has always perplexed me. I can almost understand the weakness of the smaller nations but one would think that Germany and France would show some independence. In any case, there is no mystery, it is either A, B, or C. Either Hollande and Merkel are simply bribed with money deposited in their numbered accounts or they are blackmailed and the NSA has photos of them having sex with underage aardvarks or, actually, I can't think of C.
Whatever it is, I've pretty much despaired of them ever bucking the Empire.
Peace
Po

All war, all the time. Thanks for the "change," Obama. (What a liar!)

Give peace a chance...

A totally overwhelmed world of activists has seen the war in Yemen unfolding while being totally incapable to make sense of it. Does anyone know why Yemen is being bombed, what's really happening in Lebanon? What caused the regime overthrow in Guatemala last week? Why are the eyes of the world on the refugees while they should all be condemning abysmal US foreign policies?
Let the brilliant US and allies solve the world's most pressing problems, with more bombs and oppression, devastation and genocides. That's the only thing the world has expected to see as progress to earths challenges.
Carry on. Not until enough activists rally in a new form of leverage or more of alternative media, including CommonDreams are willing to launch fearless strong criticism at its own government for this travesty of solutions, we will see real change.
The whistleblowers who tell the truth end up in jail. If the alternative media are not in jail yet, they are being too soft, hence inefficient, at best, complicit by fear, at worst.

There are no larger or smaller nations. There is only international big money controlling all. If you wanna protest, take it to the door of Exxon, the Koch brothers, etc. The governments are just following their orders.

I would insist on a little nuance, that is, the "western" nations. That's why they want regime change in Russia and most of Latin America. Otherwise I'm afraid you are correct.
(I am despairing there will ever be) Peace
Po

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

The United States most likely has been responsible since WWII for the deaths of between 20 and 30 million people in wars and conflicts scattered over the world.
http://www.countercurrents.org/lucas240407.htm