Home | About | Donate

Dozens of Rights Groups Ask Obama to 'End Cycle of Cruelty,' Free Chelsea Manning

Dozens of Rights Groups Ask Obama to 'End Cycle of Cruelty,' Free Chelsea Manning

Lauren McCauley, staff writer

With just weeks left in his presidency, the call for U.S. President Barack Obama to grant clemency to U.S. military whistleblower Chelsea Manning continues to grow increasingly urgent.

Chelsea Manning gave us an incredible gift, the truth, at the expense of her freedom. She is a hero to those of us who are tired of the things being done without our knowledge and paid for by our taxes. Those who condemn her as a traitor, give a pass to a government that keeps us in the dark, and they wave the flag in support.

The cruel treatment of a vulnerable and fragile human being is shameful. And we have the nerve to lecture other nations about human rights! We celebrate Christmas as a national holiday. Jesus would be the first to reject this country as a follower of his teachings; the governmental neglect of the poor and the homeless; the laws that make it easy to exploit the workers in favor of the corporations; the surge of death, destruction, and grief, that we leave in the wake of our foreign policy.

I can see why Chelsea must suffer. She did the unforgivable. She revealed what must not be revealed.

President Obama, please prove me wrong. Let Chelsea go!

I fear that with Obama's track record, and the coming Trump regime, that Chelsea Manning won't see freedom for a long time, if ever again.

We need to really raise some hell in this country. At least it's more obvious under 'Rump. Go back to Wall St. Madame Novacaine!
I want these REAL HEROES set free!
Chelsea Manning, Leonard Peltier, Mumia abu-Jamal, and MANY MORE!
We need to build a NON-CORPORATE
PARTY NOW! That would be the Greens,
of course.