Home | About | Donate

Dozens of #TrumpTaxScam Sit-Ins and Rallies Planned for Monday in Final Resistance Push

Dozens of #TrumpTaxScam Sit-Ins and Rallies Planned for Monday in Final Resistance Push

Julia Conley, staff writer

The Senate is expected to vote on the Republican tax bill as early as Thursday

Another great opportunity to take it to the streets.
Ban the corrupt ballot box.
Direct action is needed to establish a Direct Democracy. One person, one vote. On issues, not tainted representatives.
Stop the tax thefts.🤹

There shouldn’t be a day of action. There should be people planted outside every Republicans office until they face their constituents.

Taxes and politicians were invented by the oligarchy to fleece the public.

Ban taxes, fire politicians, cap wealth, distribute the excess equally.

http://www.abolish-power.org/pwp_english.html

Every American-THE OWNERS-should get a dividend from those who profit off the resources and wealth of this country. SUPPORT THE COMMONS. Stop buying into the lies of the elite.

Ah, good ol’ democracy at work! Sit-ins, the staple of the anti-war/establishment crowd of my days past. I’m glad they’re making known the people’s growing concerns on this latest tax scam and won’t give up, ever. We need the same effort to keep the tool Ajit Pai from allowing the FCC to kill our internet. These rallies make it clear that voters are paying attention and will let it be known next election day. Even with holidays and shopping diverting many folks attention from Congress it’s good to see these efforts playing out and hopefully they get a few GOP defectors to keep this travesty of a bill from passing.

From a handy little volume in graphic novel form, called “Capital for Beginners:”

Capitalist: “Hey you, get off my land.”

Marxist: “What makes it your land?”

C: “My father gave it to me.”

M: “Who gave it to him?”

C: “His father.”

M: “And how did he get it?”

C: “He fought the Indians for it.”

M: “Okay, I’ll fight you for it now.”

Now this I like! Keep up the good work…

One of the funniest jokes I’ve ever seen played on Trump supporters:

Payroll taxes didn’t exist until the 1944 enacted as a temporary tax to support the war effort but never went away after the war.

A global growth rate of 3% means that the size of the world economy doubles every 24 years. This is why environmental crises are accelerating at such a rate. We might believe we are fighting corporations and governments and the general foolishness of humankind. But they are all proxies for the real issue: perpetual growth on a planet that is not growing.”

Which Republican office are you going to plant yourself in front of until they face you?

If you ban taxes, then you won’t be able to cap wealth and distribute the excess equally.

It’s like saying, “Keep your government hands off of our excess wealth distributions.”

Growth is not the cause. Fossil fuels, toxic manufacturing practices and inefficient living are to blame.

So Earth is not a finite resource limited planet. LOL

from Wikipedia, when taxation began:

“State and federal inheritance taxes began after 1900, while the states (but not the federal government) began collecting sales taxes in the 1930s. The United States imposed income taxes briefly during the Civil War and the 1890s. In 1913, the 16th Amendment was ratified, permanently legalizing an income tax.”

Giving tax revenue to politicians to spend is like giving vodka to alcoholics. They will spend revenues on whatever gives them the largest corporate oligarchy bribes, war, pollution, repression and whatever further enriches the rich.

Wealth Cap excesses can be automatically distributed equally by electronic means, no government needed for that.

Agreed, but what you have mentioned are not the reasons, but only symptoms.

The reason that we are where we are has to do with the psychopathic greed and unbounded egos on the part of a relatively few number of individuals who are able to use the resources at their disposal to exploit and enslave the rest of us, including by the avenues of education by which we receive our information about the world. They lie and deceive us, and because most of us too unsophisticated or are too unevolved, we believe them–and continue using fossil fuels (even as we rail against global warming and climate change), buying and using products made by manufacturing practices that are toxic (and working in those industries), and living inefficiently (even when we think we are not, as the ecological footprints of even the most thoughtful of first-world inhabitants are far from sustainable).

Nothing will change unless and until a requisite number of us awaken, but things are so complex and interrelated and we have exceeded so many tipping points already that it is doubtful that we will be able to pull ourselves back from the brink and avert disaster. There will be other “final resistance pushes”, but, like all of the others, they are bound to fail because too few people are willing to do what is necessary to change things; we’re too damn comfortable despite what is going on around us. A few of us will continue to “protest”, but except for the cathartic value of doing so, their efforts will contribute little towards actual change–because they (that is to say, we) are powerless in the face of such ruthless and efficient opposition.

What we need is a dimensional, paradigmatic shift on the the part of enough of us. Doing what we have done on this level cannot and will not work, for so many reasons.

For a good time, do some research on The Wall Street Putsch. Better yet, here’s a really interesting paper on the subject. Folks, this isn’t the first time in history that fascists have tried to subvert our system. http://wesscholar.wesleyan.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1058&context=etd_hon_theses