Home | About | Donate

Dreams

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/11/21/dreams

1 Like

The Buffoon-in-Chief probably played Bruce Springsteen’s Born in the USA (sans permission) and never acknowledged his family’s relatively recent arrival to this country. Then he childishly makes fun of Liz Warren for her heritage. These DACA folks are largely bound to our two connected continents over time periods that he cannot grasp. I am beyond repulsed by him and his ilk and their crimes. Those of here at CD know who it is that makes this country better!

1 Like

Nice account, Christopher, and good reading,

As long as we’re sharing dreams, I’ll share mine on behalf of Comprehensive Immigration Reform. I’d love to see that become a reality, and signed into law.

1 Like

WiseOwl,
“These DACA folks are largely bound to our two connected continents over time periods that he cannot grasp.”

Nice complement to this article, WiseOwl, as it would be helpful for Iowa farmers to also grasp this insight. For instance, corn was first domesticated by indigenous people in southern Mexico 10,000 years ago, and was brought first to New Mexico and Arizona 4100 years ago, and likely brought to the upper Midwest via trading in the indigenous peoples’ metropolis of Cahokia, near St. Louis.

Some knowledge of history, plus the justice that Mr. Brauchli highlights, encourage others to dream.

3 Likes