Home | About | Donate

Drug Wars, Missing Money, and a Phantom $500 Million

Drug Wars, Missing Money, and a Phantom $500 Million

Nick Turse

2017 was a year of investigations for U.S. Africa Command (AFRICOM). There was the investigation of the two-star commander of U.S. Army Africa who allegedly sent racy texts to an enlisted man’s wife. There was the investigation into the alleged killing of a Special Forces soldier by Navy SEALs in Mali.

Where failure is an option in service to the “success” of the grander strategy

Good article! Nick Turse is about the only one digging into this, despite its fundamental connection to the whole rip-off that is known as “The Global War on Terror”. The more money that they (the Military, their Contractors and our “allies”) steal and/or lose, the more we give them, This is much more than ineptitude or faulty record-keeping. It suggests intentional obfuscation at several levels. Fixing the problems is the last thing they wish to do. A lot of people are making a lot of money out of this mess!

Ah, yes, the fiscal black hole that is ‘defense’.

I believe you are correct. This has gone on for far too long.
There are good people in SEAL team 6, but there are also people out of control, an honest investigation of this unit’s actions is long overdue.

It’s like deja vu all over again:

You’re scaring me WiseOwl, I know you know what came next.
The whole point of World Trade 7 and the Pentagon was the cover-up of the theft.

The author of this piece tippy toes around the elephant in the room and doesn’t even hint at the obvious conclusion to be drawn from the facts as presented by him. Americans are enriching themselves or in the alternative are transferring their new found wealth to black ops or dark military projects. $500 million unaccounted for. Millions of dollars used to keep the opium crop in Afghanistan from being expanded and seeing it increase 100 fold. What does that suggest to you besides gross incompetence and negligence? It suggests to me that American military officials over there are defrauding the American taxpayer big time!

The MIC is a country unto itself. They want no interference from civilians while they plunder the treasury. Fascism has come to America wrapped in a flag with flybys at NFL circuses. Media propaganda ,paid for by the very same MIC, keeps the public in line. Enemies are created in an endless supply. A sad ending for what could have been a noble experiment in govt.

Can we spell C-O-R-R-U-P-T-I-O-N?

And this is all simply not reported by the CORRUPT “mainstream” media.

None of this will be discussed on our mainstream media, and it’s easy to understand why.

The Pentagon and its special interests deceive the public as they plunder the US Treasury. The only thing that will stop this behavior is complete implosion of the federal government.

What? And destroy the long-cultivated fantasy of our “heroes in uniform”? Forego all those tear-jerking feel-good stories of moms and dads in camo being reunited with their little ones?

“Be all you can be” - because there are enough slush funds for all.

“A few good men” - can get rich in untraceable graft and corruption.

I agree that Turse did not go the last few steps, but he would have to collect the smoking-gun proof. However, if just the simple facts presented here about opium production in Afghanistan is not a giant smoking gun, then I don’t know what is.

And just last night the civilian enablers of this giant violent mafia voted to pour more money into this web of corruption. As this latest governmental “crisis” lurched forward, McConnell and Ryan et al talked about the need to “fix,” and “repair” our “depleted” military.

WTF? WTF? WTF?

Missing Money? If they can not find the money(hmm), they should at the least, find out who is responsible and hold them to the “fire”, accountable, just like ordinary citizens always seem to be for much less.
Massive CORRUPTION & THEFT , at a grand scale.

Any journalist exposing this would shortly be “Gary Webbed”. I admire the courage of Nick Turse. Watch your back, Nick, at all times!

The idea of Elites conquering by corrupting isn’t new – and drugs and sexual violence/perversion
were two of the main ideas.

The enemies of democracy and citizen government are clearly in the open now …

Royals morphed into Elites

Elites created Christianity and Capitalism as two main tools of conquest

Elites then morphed into Corporations

And why just pour drugs into “black communities” in California/US, if you can pour them into all of Africa?