Home | About | Donate

Due to 'Credible Threats of Violence,' Michigan Capitol Shuttered as Electoral College Meets to Confirm Biden Victory

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/12/14/due-credible-threats-violence-michigan-capitol-shuttered-electoral-college-meets

4 Likes

Bring out the National Guard to "Nuke the Coup."

6 Likes

Looks like Trump has exhausted all corrupt ways to turn over the election and now his last resort is violence. When Trump told the Proud Boys to: " stand back and stand by" he knew it would come to violence.

12 Likes

All of these republicans and president have committed treason against our constitutions should be
be held to account for their actions. Just like the couple who were put to death in the 50’s accused of selling info to a foreign nation. We now have American terrorists living among us.

12 Likes

Trump is a stochastic terrorist who has caused immeasurable harm to America, he should be arrested as a terrorist & tried as such.

21 Likes

Given the many almost acts of violence in Michigan this is a good idea. When high level women at work have their homes and children facing nasty protesters carrying guns it is time to protect those being threatened. Same for Wisconsin.

16 Likes

If the people making these threats were not white Republicans, they would be maced, carted off to jail, and likely punched around while in custody. People who commit, or threaten to commit, such acts, are treasonous, and should be treated as terrorists. Because, they are terrorists.

16 Likes

If they were non-white non-Christians, they’d have been put in Gitmo months ago. No trial, no publicity.
Which shows there is no equality under the “law” in the US. Never has. Case in point-the unarmed Lakota band who was on its way to peacefully surrender in 1890 at Wounded Knee were massacred by a bunch of drunk white US soldiers whose people had invaded the land and then reneged on treaties before the ink was dry. Many of the Cavalry were killed by friendly fire. And many were awarded the Congressional Medal of Honour, a stain on the Lakota culture which only very recently has been slightly removed.
Now the invading culture is rapidly falling apart after 50 years of prep work. The book Democracy in Chains describes the MO in detail. Covid was a wrench thrown into the plans, so we may be able to Resist with effect.

13 Likes

You are referring to the Rosenburgs, I believe.

4 Likes

I checked it out because that happened a long time ago and I never knew much about the executions of the Rosenburgs…thanks.

2 Likes

Should be real easy for the state police.

2 Likes

Well yeah, but con artist is probably a better term.

2 Likes

Can you just imagine if the people making these violent, threats were: **** BLACK LIVES MATTER!

5 Likes

A few years back, the Maine National Guard asked to get tactical nuclear weapons for their armory.
(You never know when some of them “people from away” are going to get out of hand.
Or if some of those New Hampshire shopping centers will take away Maine business.)

Fortunately, cooler heads said no to the tactical nukes.

1 Like

Exactly my first thought. Why close down the people’s capital? Why not station State Police at the capital, telling armed idiots to back off?
That’s likely what would happen if the tables were turned.

1 Like

I have to wonder how many of those Militia Boys are actually in the Guard ?

Edit - Could end up with another Kent State with the Guard as the Fall guy

1 Like

I believe there were hangings after the Civil War as well.
Or maybe it was after Lincoln’s assassination.??

We are half way to Kent State already with Illinois Rittenhouse killing a protestor in Kenosha, Wi.

1 Like

I believe that you are referring to Julius and Ethel Rosenberg, American citizens who were convicted of spying on behalf of the Soviet Union. The couple was accused of providing top-secret information about radar, sonar, jet propulsion engines, and valuable nuclear weapon designs; at that time the United States was the only country in the world with nuclear weapons. Convicted of espionage in 1951, they were executed by the federal government of the United States in 1953 in the Sing Sing correctional facility in Ossining, New York, becoming the first American civilians to be executed for such charges and the first to suffer that penalty during peacetime

4 Likes

Yep. See and take in EL Doctorow’s fictionalized pseudo memoir of Julius and Ethel’s genetic or mytho-poetic off-spring in BOOK OF DANIEL, or here for Bob Dylan’s earlier post Christian repertoire composition kept off his 1983 album INFIDELS:
~https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/flashback-bob-dylans-lost-1983-song-julius-and-ethel-252442/

Guess that means Julius and Ethel’s, Z"L alleged espionage for which they paid the capital punishment price has entered the realm of mytho-poetics…

The outtake now posted to U. of Tube for to hear:
~https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YxzfOys_uw

Mitch Ritter\Paradigm Sifters, Code Shifters and Song Chasers
Lay-Low Studios, Ore-Wa (Refuge of Atonement Seekers)
Media Discussion List and Looksee

1 Like