Home | About | Donate

Dylann Roof Is Not a “Terrorist” — But Animal Rights Activists Who Free Minks From Slaughter Are

Dylann Roof Is Not a “Terrorist” — But Animal Rights Activists Who Free Minks From Slaughter Are

Glenn Greenwald

The FBI on Friday announced the arrests in Oakland of two animal rights activists, Joseph Buddenberg and Nicole Kissane, and accused the pair of engaging in “domestic terrorism.” This comes less than a month after the FBI director said he does not consider Charleston Church murderer Dylann Roof a “terrorist.” The activists’ alleged crimes: “They relea

The professor (of a graduate level business law class I took 30 plus years ago) signaled the end of each week's class with "Remember that irrespective of what we discussed in class today, it really boils down to HOW MUCH JUSTICE CAN YOU AFFORD".

Cynical ? Perhaps.

True ? The rule more than the exception.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I highly recommend the full article (the full, full article at The Intercept, not the full portion of the article you get by clicking above). https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2015/07/28/dylan-roof-terrorist-animal-rights-activists-free-minks/ I read the whole thing, but could not play the embedded videos because I know by now they trigger my PTS.

Everyone who cares about the right to peaceful protest and investigative journalism will find this article important, not just people who care about animal cruelty.

My economics professor back in the 70's ended his last lecture with something out of character like that. He said, "Remember,people. Once, long ago, in a land far away, was a place called Camelot." He then picked up his books and left the room.

Terrorism is a manufactured bullshit concept. It's sole aim is to be an excuse for the state to justify going after someone or some group or country. It needs to be vague and mysterious for it to work, so it morphs.

In Syria we see Turkey now targeting Kurds as "terrorists " even as 5 members of Turkish intelligence were arrested alongside ISIS members by the Egyptians who claimed said agents were providing training and military support to the same.

In the UK David Cameron passes laws that will help label those that question 9/11 or the 7/7 bombings in London as "terrorists"

Canada under Harper passes ever more laws that allow environmentalists and First Nations groups to be treated as "terrorists"

In essence any on the left or that question the status quo and the authority of the 1 percent are to be seen as "domestic terrorists".

That they do not even try to hide their agenda any longer shows how far they feel they have gone towards forcing compliance.

Veganism is gaining ground. Here at the library where I work, the cookbooks keep rolling in.

And the recipes are delicious, eliminate suffering and address the heart of this issue.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Look again at the ethnic origin of those animal activist.

It's not that Roof is white, it's that his victims were black skinned humans. I suspect there is more up roar over the killing of a lion in Zimbabwe right now than over the recent news that approximately 5 million children go hungry in the USA. It even infects my family, a brother and his wife had a house over-run with adopted dogs and cats, but when I suggested they adopt or foster a child in need too/instead, they look at me as if I'm insane.

This is absolutely outrageous. Never mind that there are fairly specific definitions of "terrorist" and this simply doesn't qualify. It's clearly an attempt to get a higher punishment for these protesters than would otherwise be allowed. Someone's got a dog in this fight -- wonder who the breeders own?

I'm not an animal rights activist particularly, but freeing animals who are living painful lives seems to me something which should earn their liberators a medal, not the charge of "terrorism." No humans were hurt; no humans were threatened; the action was not particularly designed to intimidate or deter owners, so far as I can tell. So by no stretch terrorism. and HOW can someone not consider Roof a terrorist? It boggles the mind. It seems some lobbying to get the law clarified would not be out of place....

If it weren't covered (at least to some degree) in the news, how would you know about the hungry children in the US?

Do you think that only the killing of humans matters? Should news about such things be banned from coverage?

Do you have dyslexia, or did you forget to read the first part?

Kind of hit you on a sensitive bone there Xavier?