Home | About | Donate

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Guilty on All Counts in Boston Bombing Trial

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Guilty on All Counts in Boston Bombing Trial

Common Dreams staff

Accused Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev on Wednesday was found guilty on all 30 counts against him. He now faces the death penalty.

The jury reached its decision after two days of deliberations. The now-21-year-old was accused of planning and carrying out the bombing with his older brother Tamerlan. The jury will now decide whether to execute Tsarnaev or sentence him to life in prison. The sentencing date is set for April 13.

Yes, we are all sheep and nobody has any agency - even if the agency was terribly, misguidedly, directed as it was in the case if the Tsarnaev brothers, Mohammad Atta, and Timothy McVeigh...

Conspiracy theories everywhere? Seek medical help. Two brothers attacked a whole lot of people. It is pretty simple. Occams razor. I suggest you watch less rv and read fewer fringe websites.

In case of the Boston bombing as other tragic events bought on by humans actions, I not only looked at the immediate pain and suffering of the victims and their families and look past the simple narrative in the media that “evil had struck, only to do evil.”.
Early in after math Dzhokhar Tsarnaev gave a reason which was quickly dismissed and buried as irrelevant.. But in my thinking the reason why someone commits such an act is paramount to understanding the action. The answer and perhaps the solution to ending these acts of terrible violence, is in the why.
He said something to the affect their action was in response to the US government continued interventions in the ME and the death and destruction that as come as a result.
Perhaps he and bother thought it would be good for the American people to feel some of the pain many people in the ME feel daily as a result of US invasions and occupations.
Now I am not condoning such a violent act in which lives are lost, but it makes me think of something Noam Chomsky said long ago referring to US government actions, “ if you want to stop terrorism, stop participating in it”.
Here is a link to report that gives numbers of dead killed in the ME going back to the Gulf War.

Unworthy Victims: Western Wars Have Killed Four Million Muslims Since 1990

http://www.informationclearinghouse.info/article41491.htm

Can anyone explain the presence of Craft, the security firm with backpacks , who mysteriously were on scene at THIS Boston Marathon ?

If you are interested watch the documentary," THE POWER PRINCIPLE". It is free online to stream or download.