Home | About | Donate

Earth Day 2019: Our Planet in Peril

Earth Day 2019: Our Planet in Peril

Robert Dodge

Today marks the 49th anniversary of the first Earth Day. This comes 50 years after the Santa Barbara oil spills which were instrumental in the declaration of the first Earth Day. The fate of our planet remains threatened by two inextricably connected threats, that of climate change and nuclear war. We cannot pretend to be concerned about our environment if we are not simultaneously concerned about the destruction of the planet by nuclear war.

1 Like

Forty- nine years-----a long time, and what, America government have you accomplished in that time--------oh— more wars running than any nation has ever had—and no end in sight to any of them. So American government, I would like top draw your attention to what happened when the richest man in the ancient world, CROESUS, asked the Oracle of Delphi if he should attack Cyrus the Mede----- and the oracle answered, "If you do a great nation will fall. " Croesus never thought it would mean his nation.
MAYBE, AMERICA, you should take notice of that story----because there’s a very obvious message waiting JUST FOR YOU , Military Industrial Complex and Congress!

3 Likes

I love this planet. So does my dog. Every morning she reminds me to stop and “see” things her way. My morality gently guides me to query “How can I pass this forward?” Peace.

1 Like

She just has a more sensitive nose than yours. Curiosity 24/7.
Dealing with the cost of climate repair isn’t a matter of cost if it has to be done eventually anyway.

As usual, no mention of how we can begin to control our runaway human
population. Do they really expect that with 10 billion people (its about 8 billion already) they will be able to achieve any of those green goals?
How about a voluntary contraceptive program worldwide, male contraception methods included, and rewarding people, especially in the
high fertility countries for NOT having kids?