Home | About | Donate

Earth to Trump: You Are On Your Own

Earth to Trump: You Are On Your Own

Lauren McCauley, staff writer

The overwhelming global response to President Donald Trump's decision to pull the U.S. out of the Paris climate agreement was essentially, "Go jump in a lake"—or as one Germany tabloid succinctly phrased it in a widely circulated headline:

Very much enjoying the German press at the moment. "Earth to Trump..." pic.twitter.com/sPqkUPYVlw

— J.K. Rowling ( @jk_rowling ) June 2, 2017

The statements cited in this article indicate that Trump's withdrawal from the Paris Accord has only strengthened it and the resolve around the globe, to meet and exceed the commitment to it.

Thank you, Donald Trump!

The sad fact emerging from this presidency is: Almost nothing will further a cause more than our President's opposition to it.

Trump's greed based stupidity will organize the world against us. When do the Republicans admit that Trump is really doing a lousy job as president?

If he were on the show Apprentice...Trump would have fired ...Trump.

I wonder if the Trump brand of hotels and resorts etc ... hasn't started to lose business!

The world appears ready to boycott Trump.

YG & Nipsey Hussle lays it out!

Say what? 16,000,000 likes!

It has become apparent that, while it took over 150 years, the Confederacy did indeed win the civil war. The new states rights and isolationist movement has its spokesperson and its congress. Bad shit is now flowing down the pipe.
However, this "new confederacy" may have sparked an equal and opposite reaction (that's science, so they won't understand). As time passes, it's the Liberal states that are organizing and setting themselves apart from the brutal and dumb new confederacy. California, Washington, Oregon, New York, and others are making plans to move on without the USA.
I wish them luck.

Although I understand that California and possibly Oregon would have joined the South, its too bad Lincoln didn't let Southern secession continue instead of subjecting us to being weighted down by them for the past 150 years.

The US will be left behind by the rest of the world. Good riddance.

What is really scaring me this morning is what was quoted in David Brooks NYT article this am:
"This week, two of Donald Trump’s top advisers, H. R. McMaster and Gary Cohn, wrote the following passage in The Wall Street Journal: “The president embarked on his first foreign trip with a cleareyed outlook that the world is not a global **community’ but an arena where nations, nongovernmental actors and businesses engage and compete for advantage.”
This is the scariest paragraph ever and what I've feared. These people have no allegiance, patriotism towards their country. These people are the oligarchs/mafia's of the world who want to rule without borders, without laws to hamper their ever increasing greed and power.
Don't be afraid to stand up to them as they are maybe 10,000 worldwide and we are 6 plus billion.
But we cannot wait as they also will control all the most horrendous/murdering bombs and gases to keep the serfs in line.

Please tell me I am in lala land and have lost it and wrong, wrong wrong!

I think that would be a loud and clear message to Trump and his oil, gas and coal partners in crime that the world is ahead of them. People have feelings, it doesn't take a university degree to notice how in a relatively short span of time the snow levels are climbing higher and higher every year and the temperature are swinging wildly, events never experienced before. This is not science done in a lab, the lab is the hotter planet.

Instead of jumping on Trump for his unfortunate decision, has anyone seriously looked into whether Trump has the legal authority to withdraw from an international treaty that was ratified by the Senate? Wouldn't the Senate have to un-ratify it?

The following article shows the complexities of this issue. I haven't had time to study it to draw my own conclusions, so I rely this community to help me out.

I always wonder if it is possible to ignore a disappearing ice cap! The US Navy has testified before congress that we will now need some other way of hiding our nuclear submarines than beneath the ice cap because the ice has grown too thin to hide them and inmanyplacesitdisappearsentirelyduringsummer. So Trump knows and yet he pretends not to I guess? He is a con artist who managed to become president and sadly a greedy fool.

It was actually a voluntary (unbending) agreement but your point stil lstands that the Senate ratified it .

Another sign that the Dubya, Cheney, & Co. induced decision (if this debacle, Iraq + 2008 Financial Crisis, can happen, than 'anything' is possible, and Dump is that 'anything') to secure a second passport (Belgian) was justified. To those of my fellow American countrymen and women horrified by Dump: hedge your bets if you can. To those of my fellow American countrymen & women whom embrace Dump, don't expect aid from me and mine when your 'savior's' actions go horribly wrong for you. You were warned by the likes of me and you figuratively spit in my face by voting in Cheeto Mussolini.

And the best way to do that would be to reject USD as the international reserve currency. Paris agreement rejected? Reject Bretton Woods.

Peace.
ths.

Make that 16,000,001

Soon, the demented dimwit will have to barricade himself inside his golden throne room in Trash Tower as going anywhere for him will be perilous. Not even the WH will be safe with him inside.

May he follow the path of Howard Hughes...sooner than later.

Did you see that Trump is planning a rally on the same day, in the same area, as March for Truth? It seems like he's setting the stage for violent confrontation.

Bannon is the mastermind behind the DJT rah-rah rallies because he knows the orange oaf is reaching maximum overload and needs his adulation fix to reboot. With Kushner under a cloud, Bannon is once again moving in on the emperor like any loyal tribune (such as the one that solved the Caligula problem, perhaps?).

Here is a link to an article on the FIVE (and counting) biggest lies in DJT's speech that explains just what a non-binding agreement/accord is and is NOT