Home | About | Donate

Eco 'Sabotage': Trump EPA Issues Last-Minute Rule to Make Action on Climate and Pollution Harder for Biden

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/12/09/eco-sabotage-trump-epa-issues-last-minute-rule-make-action-climate-and-pollution

3 Likes

And ~50% of the people voted for this Psycho- The evangelical christians saw this man as their leader, he voiced what they preach. He represents the dark side of a human being, along side Hilter.

There is more mayhem on its way before Jan 20th.

4 Likes

… and this is outrageous because Biden and his “moderate,” free-market-loving, neoliberal Democrats are so intent on environmental protection, right? Wrong! Profits first, forever and always. Environmental health will always be an economic externality to most Democrats, a source of election-year lip-service, a con. The Democrat commitment to the environment is as lame and duplicitous as their commitment to fix health care. Again and always, profits first.

7 Likes

Psychosis on a grand scale:

I use the term “social psychosis” because a psychosis is a mental state in which a person shows a diminished or loss of a sense of reality. It typically includes delusions and diminished capacity to function effectively in daily life. When delusions are shared on a mass scale, they can be hard to recognize. In fact, individuals who share the mass delusion may not be psychotic, themselves; what they embrace, is. – Douglas LaBier Ph.D.

7 Likes

The Hitler reference is appropriate as Der Fuhrer ordered all the infrastructure of Germany be destroyed, because-to him- the German people had betrayed him and deserved it. Then he checked out with a Walther Pkk and a cyanide capsule. Hitler saw himself as a messiah who would save Germany after WWI. So this evangelical angle fits in with two countries who have a large number of people who are basically insane; and those people chose to get excited about pathological monsters.

Fortunately Albert Speer and a general countermanded his orders.

3 Likes

This is just ignorance talking, sorry. Trump’s EPA/FHWA is making it difficult to undertake climate change mitigation efforts in states for projects receiving federal funding. His EPA has rolled back rules on particulate emissions, air quality conformity, methane emissions, and stopped Obama-era mileage standards from taking effect. His EPA ditched the previous Waters of the United States rule to restrict federal jurisdiction to navigable waters and those adjacent to it (so much for ephemeral streams and ground water). He has opened vast tracts of protected federal lands to drilling and mining and his appointees have engaged in business favorable to their friends. His record is unparalleled in the modern era for environmental wreckage.

When progressives both-sides everything, they excuse the above-listed actions. Just because we can’t get a GND, doesn’t mean good things can’t happen. After Biden won, GM withdrew from the Trump administration’s lawsuit over California’s tail pipe emissions standards. That may not be as click-baitingly exciting as yelling “GND!” but it’s very important.

3 Likes

tRump’s Hair Hitler The Flaming Orange Satan and the embodiment of stupidity and death.

You pegged ignorance talking. Republicans are the scum of the Earth.

2 Likes

How convenient for the democrats…

4 Likes

That doesn’t mean we should allow the fake president (Trump) to make it worse.

we better get fucking serious about getting ourselves a moral law that says we humans must give life not take it.

3 Likes

…If you liked the Dems you’d be saying the same phkn things about the GOP. The same circular firing squad as yesterday…

1 Like

What, Biden can’t change the rule, too?

2 Likes

Take the fat swine to the landfill and send the bill to the Trupp family. His nuclear plastic wig alone will turn the place into a superfund site. Billions in taxpayer dollars will go toward the cleanup of the Trupp corpse in the toxic sludge pond where it lies in state with maggats making Murca great through aggressive nihilism and meanness and gluttony and greed. All the negative emotions are on parade, splitting love apart, grinding humanity into the dirt.

1 Like

Well thank God they have an excuse now. They almost had to do something.

Please don’t misunderstand me. I’m not advocating for Trump. I just know damned well that the wealthy, economically neoliberal Democrats who run the party will always put profit over environmental protection. Witness Diane Feinstein telling the Sunrise Movement to (let me paraphrase) “suck it.” John Kerry said today that the Paris Climate Accords were “not enough.” Well, where the @#%& has he been? Hell, as soon as they were adopted without any enforcement mechanisms they were dead in the water, as the years since have so amply demonstrated. But they sure gave Obama some cover as he marched our military across Africa and the Middle East in pursuit of our colonial interests.

Anyway, all I was trying to point out is that the following headline for the article would be more apt: Eco ‘Sabotage’: Trump EPA Issues Last-Minute Rule to Make Action on Climate and Pollution Harder for Biden to do Little Enough in Response to Climate Chaos and the Sixth Extinction.

Make no mistake, I hate and loathe Trump and the Republicans. Democrats, for me, range from some few who are admirable (I have voted for Pramila Jayapal in every election, I’m proud to say) to the many “Clinton Democrats” who are at best inadequate (at worst they are hardly distinguishable from Republicans). Biden is among the inadequate latter, so we’ll have a healthy MIC, a healthy corporate state (“Fascism Lite”), and environmental incrementalism when giant leaps are necessary. He’s the one who told the wealthy that “nothing will change.” I believe him on that one.

5 Likes

I say much worse things about Republicans.

I agree. My point was don’t expect Biden to make it much better, and we need it much, much better.

1 Like

And yet about 35 court cases, which have ruled against Trump, severely undermine your less than cogent argument as Trump’s crack legal team, which has been felled by COVID-19, have been totally unable to provide any evidence since the election, either in or out of court, that Trump has suffered “massive voter fraud” by the Democrats. The irony is that it is you as well as Trump who is in denial about who won the election as well as the popular vote.

…I’ll give you a pass, but is there anything that we can trust to support, that CAN make a difference besides the Dems. The 3rd parties can’t just suddenly act and make any difference, so give me a plan other than supporting the Dems, if we don’t want Fascism, which is NOW beating down the door…

1 Like