Home | About | Donate

Ecuador Cuts Off Julian Assange's Internet Access

Ecuador Cuts Off Julian Assange's Internet Access

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

The government of Ecuador announced Wednesday that it cut off Julian Assange's internet access.

Among his supporters denouncing the development was Megaupload founder Kim Dotcom—himself facing possible extradition to the U.S.—who said that Ecuador was "making a grave mistake. The internet will rise up against this injustice."

As Ruler of the World, the US cannot stand to be defied. I am sorry for Ecuador and for Julian who has braved so much. Julian…many of us are cheering for you and love you for what you have done and regret the indignities and the incarceration which you have endured.

A huge part of the current resistance to US oppression was sparked by Assange and other whistleblowers–revealing US armed forces abuse of power from Vietnam to Iraq, the US’s spying on its own citizens and its allies. Israel’s nuclear weapons program, constant malfeasance by corporations from the nuclear industry to weapons manufacturers to fossil fuel corporations… in general, revealing the deep, broad corruption in the US. The ongoing crusade against them, especially from the Obama and current administrations, is a campaign against democracy and ultimately the climate movement. It threatens the survival of civilization and the biosphere. Our society is being ratcheted down into fascism; we have almost no time left to change direction.

Censorship and silencing voices in any medium…the FSA …The Fascist States of Amerika.

The mighty WILL fall some day, one day…the sooner the better.

You measure a democracy by the freedom it gives its dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists.” Abbie Hoffman

The fact that Assange is being demonized by the British foreign affairs minister, Alan Duncan, tells me Julian is stepping on some pretty big toes!

And now with Bolton, who has publicly said that Assange should be executed, having the ear of the empty headed U.S. President, things aren’t looking good for the brave Wikileaks founder.

Actually it is Bolton that should be executed.

Not me! He is a russian spy.

WTF are you talking about? Russian spy? Go put your head back in the sand.

Democracy!!! Oxymoron like military intelligence!

Remember there’s a lot of reason to believe Assange is dead and has been for a year. The released footage of him over the last year is always old footage and so are the tapes of him speaking. This would only help that cause if the conspiracy theory that Assange was killed in December 2016 when he was supposedly able to go free, is true.

I have no idea what is true. Just saying, it’s one way to cover up if Assange is dead. I first heard the rumor he was dead on Cabin Talk, with Claudia Stauber saying it’s a rumor and she didn’t know either way.

Excuse me? Are you mixing him up with the whistleblower Edward Snowden - who is also not a spy?

“Ecuador has cut Julian Assange’s communications with the outside world from its London embassy, where the founder of the whistleblowing WikiLeaks website has been living for nearly six years.”

With no ability to communication with him, anything can happen to him.

Correction - it was December 2017. Just brushed up on all the talk that was going on surrounding this.

He’s going dark. Probably being hacked. Just like us who have come out of our sleepwalking stupor, realizing what is going on with fb and twit. Mining us for profit at our own peril - of relinquishing our privacy and a real eye-to-eye life.

We desperately need a new Nuremberg trial.

WTF are you talking about too. Julian Assange dead? Get your head out of the sand.

Re-read. I just repeated the rumor. I also said I didn’t know either way.

This is pretty grim.