Home | About | Donate

Edward Snowden Shares His Story in New Memoir That Hits Shelves in September

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/08/01/edward-snowden-shares-his-story-new-memoir-hits-shelves-september

3 Likes

Yay for Edward Snowden.
He exposed the domestic crimes of Empire, and for that he’s exiled.
Chelsea Manning exposed the Empire’s war crimes.
The war criminals he exposed got medals.
Chelsea is back in jail for refusing to help destroy Assange.
Our country is 100% corrupt and evil.
All praise to the few whistleblowers we have.

9 Likes

I am looking forward to Edward Snowden sharing his story in September. An American hero that has been demonized as a traitor! A true patriot that had so much courage that he had to seek asylum in Russia. My deepest respect.

10 Likes

This will restart a love-hate relationship between factions. How do we deal with brain fogged, flag pinned, people who have misconstrued the difference between patriotism, and dissent?

5 Likes

Oligarchy is a Mafia and we know how the Mafia hates “snitches”.

Thank you Snowden, Chelsea, Assange and every other whistleblower. Without you, we are led like lambs to slaughter.

8 Likes

I look forward to it. Congratulations to Edward Snowden.

May I suggest that someone should write a book of advice to potential whistleblowers, ideally at least consulting with people who have personally lived through the process and know something about the personal changes that people go through.

7 Likes

I’m thinking a Louisville Slugger would be just about perfect.

3 Likes

A bid surprised that one America’s leading publishers would take the risk of publishing but kudos to Macmillan Publishers for their courage.

3 Likes

I believe that this liberal nation still has an active conscience and –

I’d say it’s represented by Edward Snowden, Chelsea Manning and Julian Assange –

All living under threat of the violent and corrupt US government which has shown the
world over and again its violence in “illegal wars of aggression” and its warmongering
all over the world – gun running all over world – and threatening nuclear war.

That the United Nations speaks up so infrequently in regard to US violence and aggression
makes clear, imo, that they also feel threatened by US and its lawlessness.

And just to be sure we all understand the depths of cruelty and violence our
government is willing to go to in holding the whistleblowers (Manning and Assange)
there is barely word of them, even from their lawyers. Though I will check later to see
what the websites for them may be saying now.

2 Likes

You are so right. There are a few good people in America. Many of them are here at CD. It’s a lonely road.
Chelsea is back in jail and you’re right–her public relations team has failed her, and even the most progressive media such as Democracy Now fail to mention her or Assange anymore.
Our political prisoners are gone and forgotten, just like our war crimes.
America is the land of the memory hole.
Chris Hedges has done well to explore the deep delusion that governs our country.
Sad for us!

1 Like

Here’s something on Assange –

There’s a lot to read there – some of it comes from Consortium News –

Another Day In the Empire –

Julian Assange Tortured with Psychotropic Drugs

“Her Majesty’s Prison Service” at Belmarsh.

The FBI, Pentagon, and CIA are “interviewing” Assange. Kwiatkowski writes:

Interviewing is the wrong word. I’d like to say doctoring him, because it would be more accurate, except that word implies some care for a positive outcome. Chemical Gina has her hands in this one, and we are being told that Assange is being “treated” with 3-quinuclidinyl benzilate, known as BZ.

BZ is a powerful drug that produces hallucinations. “Soldiers on BZ could remember only fragments of the experience afterward. As the drug wore off, and the subjects had trouble discerning what was real, many experienced anxiety, aggression, even terror,” the New Yorker reported. “…The drug’s effect lasted for days. At its peak, volunteers were totally cut off in their own minds, jolting from one fragmented existence to the next. They saw visions: Lilliputian baseball players competing on a tabletop diamond; animals or people or objects that materialized and vanished.”

Assange is being chemically lobotomized prior to being extradited to the United States to stand trial on bogus computer hacking charges that—and the corporate media won’t tell you this—passed the statute of limitations three years ago (see 18 U.S. Code § 371. Conspiracy to commit offense or to defraud United States).

This is where TORTURE immediately becomes a threat to us –
these are obviously political prisoners now – and being tortured.
And I think we all understand that with every kind of torture – including isolation –
the person will never be the same – and in this case with these drugs, even less likely.
Likely these right wing cowards/bullies are so frightened of what Assange could say to the
American public that they can only think of bringing Assange back to US with his mind erased.

Who did they harm but the myth of a MIC working for democracy – ?

AND – THERE’S A PETITION HERE –

Exposing Crimes Isn’t a Crime – Free Julian Assange

One of the First Things We Teach Our Children is
"See Something, Say Something"
Except for War Crimes, Genocide, and Government Crimes

Thanks to Julian Assange:
•WikiLeaks documents have informed the public about U.S. war crimes in Iraq, Afghanistan, Yemen, and more.
•WikiLeaks documents have released tens of thousands of articles and academic papers.
•WikiLeaks releases have been used in numerous court cases where human rights defenders have been on trial.
•Julian Assange’s only “crime” is that of exposing crimes the U.S. government hoped to keep the world from knowing. Rather than being extradited to the U.S to be tried and imprisoned, he must be released immediately by the U.K. and ensured safe passage home to Australia. Add your name to our letter to Prime Minister Theresa May.

PS: Again the article reconfirms that the WikiLeaks information on the DNC did NOT
come from hacking, but that it was COPIED and sent on by someone with direct access.
This takes us back to Seth Rich – and as I recall just a night or two ago that subject was
raised as one of those silly “conspiracies” but it suggested to me that they’re still worried
about it. Total denial of the faked robbery, as well.

3 Likes

Watch. The U. S. government will try to find a way to call any profits Snowden might receive from his book the fruit of crimes and seize them.

HERE’S ALSO A PETITION FOR CHELSEA MANNING –

https://www.codepink.org/hands_off_chelsea_manning

A few of the comments from the website demanding the release of Chelsea –

Free speech is in peril in this country. Treat all citizens the same. Please free both Chelsea Manning & Julian Assange.

The incarceration of Manning and attempts to extradite Assange highlight just how far the state is willing to go to intimidate anyone exposing or challenging its rule That America has always held political prisoners is undisputable that we now are even more likely to persecute those exposing actions that make our government look bad is not surprising. Unfortunately most Americans swallow the propaganda put forward to justify the actions of the government regarding the threat posed by those willing to .

To paraphrase Bertrand Russell “all governments once in power will do whatever necessary to stay in power” including faux Democracies.

Honesty should not be a crime

free her now you do not lock up hero’s!

1 Like