Home | About | Donate

Efforts by High Schools to Forbid #TakeaKnee Called 'Patently Unconstitutional'

Efforts by High Schools to Forbid #TakeaKnee Called 'Patently Unconstitutional'

high school students take a knee during national anthem

Louisiana public high school threatens to punish student athletes who don't "stand in a respectful manner throughout the national anthem"

Many, many Americans routinely violate each other’s constitutional rights, because in their heads “freedom” means they can do anything they please until someone stops them. And they don’t give a flying fig about other people’s rights. And they don’t understand the Constitution–most haven’t even read it. So there you go…it’s easier to get forgiveness than permission, their motto.

The folks who play high school football and those attending high school football games are a major source of cannon fodder for the military, so everything surrounding high school football will continue to maintain and even enhance the supply of obedient soldiers and military boosters…

Alfred Lord Tennyson’s observation 163 years ago: “Theirs not to reason why, theirs but to do and die” is as applicable today as it was then.

The Parkway High School Principal just Flunked Civics.

Or doesn’t the Parkway High School teach civics?

in my opinion politics and religion have no place in schools. those should be neutral zones

I don’t think there has been a Civics class in a public high school in thirty years!!..Unless I’m completely mistaken…There certainly is no common knowledge of government and how works anymore that I can see.

"A football coach at a Tennessee high school said to reporters earlier this week: “We are not giving our kids the option to kneel.” "
These kinds of folks are, very soon, going to find themselves on the wrong side of history, and I for one will LMFAO!!

read e.e.cummings, " I sing of Olaf " Patriotism, the last refuge of scoundrels.

[quote=“ncycat, post:2, topic:45382”]as important as teaching them to obey.
Many, many Americans routinely violate each other’s constitutional rights, because in their heads “freedom” means they can do anything they please until someone stops them.
[/quote]

Freedom is defined – and then enforced – by the authoritarian rulers over their subjugates. Has it EVER been any other way?

As this story well documents in today’s society in the USA, teaching our youth to think isn’t nearly as important as teaching them to obey.

To me, this is a textbook example of the coaches and school administrative staffs overstepping their authority and powers by applying intimidation and coercion to enforce compliance and unjustified obedience.

I hope there are so many law suits over this that those principals and school boards will be personally devastated by them. RIGHTS belong to ALL AMERICANS! Not just a few.

Hey Hey, Ho Ho, High School Nazism, Has Got To Go.

It’s pointless to forbid an action such as taking a knee.
What’s to stop someone from doing another protest act, such as turning one’s back to the flag, raising a fist, refuse to stand up, refuse to put one’s hand over the heart, make faces, etc etc.