Home | About | Donate

Election’s Rape and Sexual Assault Accusations Need to Be Taken Seriously

Election’s Rape and Sexual Assault Accusations Need to Be Taken Seriously

Sonali Kolhatkar

Less than a day after the third and final 2016 presidential debate, GOP nominee Donald Trump faced new accusations from a woman who recounted a story of her sexual assault at his hands. Karena Virginia told members of the press how Trump groped her in public at the U.S. Open in 1998 while asking, “Don’t you know who I am?”

I fully agree with your point, these things are not jokes.
But where is Bill Clinton in all the stories? He is every bit as much a philanderer as the rest. And you failed to mention the Lolita Express, the exclusive jet that Jeffry Epstein flew around the world entertaining men with a taste for under aged girls. Bill was on it 26 times and who knows how many times for Trump. That's pedophilia and a far cry from groping.
Let's tell the whole story about these abusive men. Do we want one in the White House???

Don't worry, it is very disturbing to me that a number of women suddenly crawl out from under the rocks where they have been hiding for many years to perjure themselves with false accusations against Trump, accusations that if valid should have been made years ago!

I am a 65 year old woman with two rapes and one clear sexual assault in my history. I don't include innumerable pats on the butt, or negligent pressing of the breast in that arithmetic. At my writers workshop, I presented three poems trying to resolve the issues that have arisen for me since Trump's 2005 comments were made public. When I preface readings of the poem with the comment that I'm on of hundreds and thousands of women who have experienced this retrauma that Trump has visitd on us, I am uniformly told that I understate the number of woemn victims by at least a power of ten if not more. Men make the comment as frequently as women. One man of my age group said that his late wife, his daughter and his daughter-in-law have all been victims. I believe him, as I believe these women who have come forward.

There is no benefit that comes to a woman who reports this abuse now. She doesn't get money or lasting fame, and in fact gets sneered at by Trump and his followers.Remember what happened to Anita Hill on Capital Hill when she made allegations against Clarence Thomas. I am told that a woman has recently appeared to confirm many of Hill's allegations and to report that Thomas also assaulted her. The only good thing about Trump's egregious comments is that women are now speaking up for themselves at a level unprecedented before.

We also see in the case of the allegations against a college student that the report by one woman can enable other women to come out of the closet and report their assaults also. I suggest all male predators ought to be worrying because of the empowering that this incident has done for women.

Finally, Hillary is not the one who should be measured for an orange jumpsuit. It should be Bill, and I can think of nothing finer than having Hillary in the White House alone because her husband is finally behind bars. Maybe they'll room him with Trump. They are, after all, old buddies and playmates.

So Trump says that he kisses and grabs women, he doesn't even wait.

Then women come out and say, yep, that's right, he does, confirming what Trump has already said.

And your conclusion is that both Trump and all these women are lying.

That makes sense.

Clarence Thomas, Bill Clinton, Arnold the Terminator, Bill Cosby, Donald Trump,,,,the list of celebrity sex offenders goes on and on. According to most of my boomer female friends, many men of power and privledge are little different than Trump and a majority of women who have interacted with them have had the same experiences the Trump victims have had.

On January 20 we will have either Bill Clinton and the Clinton crime family in the White House, or we will have Donald Trump and the Trump Crime Family in the White House, a fact far more depressing than anything Sonali addresses in her article.

After January 20, will the DC Police Dept. require Trump's remodeled Pennsylvania Avenue post office hotel to notify guests that a sex offender lives in the nearby White House ?

At first I thought the headline was a story about Clinton joking and laughing about murder by bayonet rape. But whether it's her or the other asshole "major" party candidate their sickness definitely does need to be taken seriously.

Sonali Kolhatkar like these complaining bitches are just shills for the evil imperialist Hillary-killary.

Stein/Trump/Putin/Assad 2016!

You have no idea, Archie, how we women have been trained to be sweet and polite and not make a fuss. When a guy whose name I didn't even know followed me into my dorm room (at a very small prep-to-go-overseas or orientation-coming-in college program), locked my door, threw me on the bed, and began fumbling with my (thank God button-fly) jeans while he covered my mouth with his and held the arm he wasn't lying on over my head by the wrist, and I banged with my elbow on the wall until finally someone had come back from our own evening activities and wondered what the noise was, and after they banged on my door and asked "What's going on in there?" and the guy jumped up and dashed out past them, and we called the President of the program ... we didn't call the cops. And when the president got on the phone with me, he didn't offer. He asked (yes, direct quote; these things stick even for 40 years), "Do you want me come over there and hold your hand?" And for the rest of the time before my program departed, I had to see the guy walking around. And he was not, as we were promised we would be if we broke the law, sent home. And I was told "machismo" was part of his culture. And I never did tel my Dad, because at the time he wouldn't have allowed me to go on my trip, and years later, what would be the point? And I never even told my Mother. I told my fiance at the airport as I left, because I had to tell someone. But no, we don't make a fuss at the time. We're taught it's our fault. I let him hold a jacket over my head in the misting rain.

And if 1954 indicates your age, I'm just a year older than you. You have lived this culture too.

The most important thing is that you made sure the authorities knew what offense had been committed. If they didn't respond, at least you had committed the crime to history. These women did not!

No it doesn't make sense! I think there is a huge difference between kissing someone without express consent and sexually attacking the same person. If you don't agree then you don't get out much!

No, Archie. Like a good girl, I didn't insist that the police be called. I let him — and the president — get away with it.

And your comment to Vox is beyond offensive.

You've heard the tape, right? When Trump is talking about wanting Tic-Tacs, because he just might start kissing a woman (will he? won't he? no one knows!!!), he's talking about a woman he's never before met.

I know Trump apologists try to make it sound like he's just an awkward teenage boy wondering if he should kiss the girl at the end of the date, but that's not the right scenario at all.

Or maybe you read the account of the reporter from People. He grabbed her, held her and kissed her. That's sexual assault.

And if you don't know that, perhaps you shouldn't be going out at all.

Oh my how things have changed. Before rape used to be actua sexuak assaut now its kissing someone without their consent. Do you remember the famous picture of the young woman, a nurse, who was kissed spontaneously by a returning military man when WWII was announced as being over? Well that is what you are now calling rape. Personally I think you are insane!

Your call, not mine. If anyone is offensive it is you!

Funny, I didn't call it rape. I didn't say that word at all. You, however, did, and it's telling, because you set the standard for sexual assault as rape, period, in your comment to me. You clearly equate the two, and only those two. For you, anything else isn't rape, so it's also not sexual assault.

One is left to wonder what it is, then. Just boys being boys, I guess, but that era is OVER. Make no mistake.

If you really don't think what that reporter described is a sexual assault, then you probably shouldn't be questioning anyone else's judgment.

Poor Donald. So sensitive. He can make a blanket statement that Mexicans are rapists, that's alright. He made a major campaign trying to convict and execute the Central Park Five. And still proclaims they're guilty despite DNA exoneration with NYC paying a compensation for the city's own judicial negligence. But please......don't talk about his sexual behavior. Just because he's running for president of the USA. I mean....please..... It's so hard on his lackeys. Newt's not getting any younger you know.

Archie sounds like a guy sticking up for a misogynist; guy's seldom get raped; people blame women for being raped, when women get raped it's not something to talk about except with a select few close associates; it's rare for a person who isn't a rape survivor to understand what rape does to a woman.

I understand all of that but I don't understand the obstruction of justice women foster when they don't lode a charge at the time of the criminal act.

Because 'all he did was kiss you.'

Because 'you weren't actually raped, were you?'

Because 'do you want the job or not?'

Because 'well, you let him into your room.'

Because 'Look at how you dress.'

Because "It's just locker-room talk."

Because only other women will listen to us.