Home | About | Donate

'Elite Strike Force'? Trump Legal Team Throws Right-Wing Attorney Sidney Powell Under the Bus as Coup Attempt Flails

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/11/23/elite-strike-force-trump-legal-team-throws-right-wing-attorney-sidney-powell-under

3 Likes

This fiasco proves that the “Bar” has a very low bar.

14 Likes

Bbbbbbbut she’s right. There was voter fraud in PA. Really,
Right in Forty Fort, PA. One 67 year old man, Republican (of course) put his dead-since-2015 moma’s name on a mail in. That’s one, already. And the election officials spotted this way back in October.
~https://triblive.com/news/pennsylvania/lt-gov-fetterman-seeks-claim-of-1m-voter-fraud-reward-from-texas-lieutenant-governor/

10 Likes

Sidney, we hardly knew ye … especially now that you sound like
the rest of the “Elite Trump Team”.

7 Likes

I’m confused. Is it “Quack…quack…quack” or “Cuckoo…cuckoo…cuckoo?” Asking for a friend. Thanks.

15 Likes

This makes me happy, because this person is nuts. However, even when these advocates leave Trump, there will be some residue of crazy. They have opened a Pandora’s box of possibilities for future, more clever, less clown-car, more ruthless successors (such as Pompeo, whose ambition shines brightly).

Here, under leave of Brutus and the rest–
For Brutus is an honourable man;
So are they all, all honourable men–

13 Likes

As I remember there was one in NY too, but, it has already gone to court and a fine has been imposed. So, it is, so to say, kind of off the table for Trump’s purposes.

2 Likes

“She was too crazy even for the president,”

That is a whole lot of crazy.

Sick of this circus being played by capitalist industries and their lap dogs in the duopoly? Time to consider walking away from them as in non cooperation. If we make alliances with those who feed us by trading labor and services with them we can eventually walk away from our jobs. Imagine the disruption in the elites profits as we withdraw money out of commercial banks. Refuse to go to school and form our own educational free schools.

Most importantly: Imagine, in full color and detail, how we want to organize as a community. Hint–the most important issue of our time is the ecological crisis.

Also, consider coming together virtually to collectively envision what the future is to look like that we actually need to live, breathe, thrive. This will aid localized living where we actually get to know and care about our neighbors.

Here is one vision posted by me from Neil J. Smith, On the Ropes :

It is a human scale for which we seek. It is livable space. It is my conviction that we must first off, figure out what is there in modernity worth while saving, then discarding the rest. To my mind, human space is first off required. A space in which we can breath, where we feel free in our person. An area in which nature embraces us as we embrace it. A recognition of our harmonics. Discover the poetics our our existence. We must first off, learn to live anew. I shall add this little thought:

“In the end (as in the beginning) it is all about life. Living life in full; which sometimes brings us to an edge, hence living on the edge, stretching the limits of our horizon. I’ve done much of that myself but what I prefer most is latching hold of a comets tail and taking flight. That is the exaltation of life. However, it takes heart.

“I repeat myself, it’s all about love."

12 Likes

I wonder what Mike Flynn thinks about this. :smile:

3 Likes

If this scenario was written in a movie plot it would be rejected as too ludicrous for an audience to believe, such is the state of our country now. But, I suppose we shouldn’t be surprised by anything coming from a legal team headed by Giuliani, a demented nutcase with liquified cuckoo bird skat draining from his ears. That droning static roar you hear in the distance is the cackling laughter of the rest of the world at our sorrowful demise.

13 Likes

Yet, Johnny Toothless is still driving his F150 with Trump flags attached to the bed 'cause his hero (zero?) is going to MAGA!

7 Likes

Is he in jail yet like the woman in Texas who IS alive but didnt know her criminal history impacted her voting rights?

5 Likes

The Extremely-Lite Strike farce “Legal” Team of complete nutters rallying around trump malignant narcissism and childish insanity, is more than a joke, it is a pattern of spreading mental illness and the normalization of such that must be rubbed-out as a domestic threat to our republic.
For “lawyers” that means permanent disbarment - for political figures and pundits that push or defend “alternative facts”, insane scenarios and accusations (or treasonous lies) absent any relationship to reality or truth, it means removing or severely limiting their ability to spread such destructive, divisive, racist and bigoted madness - it is not “legal” to shout FIRE! in a crowded theatre - and limit somehow access to the platforms that make their right-wing madness and Cloud Cuckoo Land mindless blather the Mother’s Milk for apparently millions of uneducated,mindless adherents to such “alternative facts” (aka blatant lies and propaganda) that is removing one of the clear prerequisites that make “democracy” even remotely workable…

10 Likes

one good thing about all the azz kissing Trump adorers is we now know who to avoid in business, politics , socially etc.
Someone should do a Trump association list that can be posted on the internet for all to see and shame .
These fools have become the laughing stock of the entire planet
Despicable Deplorable’s - please fill in your choice below .

7 Likes

For those of you who think there is no way an election can be stolen in America we said the same thing about the Iraq war, patriot act, and a stolen senate seat but they all happened and we just took it. I will believe Biden is potus when I see it.

4 Likes

For some reason the article left out how Powell declared a few days ago that something “biblical” was going to happen [though it was never made clear what she meant by that] to Georgia when the Trump legal team arrived on the scene in that state. Perhaps this is what led Trump to cut off ties to Powell though it seems that many of Trump’s fanatical supporters seem to think that their dear leader is, like something out of the bible, the Second Coming of the Messiah.

4 Likes

When it comes to the legal profession, the Bard was half right.

1 Like

god almighty - this is just too embarrassing for words

1 Like

kill em all, eh?

2 Likes

Nope. Just the half that’s hellbent on defending the indefensible.

3 Likes