Home | About | Donate

Elizabeth Warren Tells Obama To Put Up Or Shut Up On Trade

Elizabeth Warren Tells Obama To Put Up Or Shut Up On Trade

Zach Carter, Huff Post

WASHINGTON -- Progressive Democrats have been hoping to see a showdown between Elizabeth Warren and Hillary Clinton for years. Instead, they're getting a public feud between the senator from Massachusetts and President Barack Obama.

We only get so much time in the arena.
En Garde.....Stay Strong......Stay Your Course............
You are on a worthy endeavor

I, for one, take Warren and Brown seriously. They are speaking forcefully against TPP, and we hear effective dissent from few others.

What is toilet paper squared? I don't get it.

At least Warren and Brown are keeping this issue in the discussion.

There are no angels in this fight.

mcp

Senators Brown and Warren must now demand that Hillary Clinton make her position on TPP clear. If she will not do so - and she won't - they must begin to look for another presidential candidate, the strongest of whom would be Brown for president and Warren for VP. If pressed , Hillary may come up with some sort of vague position but it is almost certain that her position is identical to that of Obama. I can only hope that this public feud will destroy the illusion of Hillary's inevitability.

There are smart liberals and there are imitation ones on - MSNBC. The trend does indicate television viewers are fewer with every poll. No wonder when Fox and MSNBC are playing the same old records with a slightly different spin. The rhetorical nonsense coming from MSNBC can easily be characterized as propaganda.

Doesn't really matter what the republicans are doing since they are all joined at the hip and prefer anything other than democracy and the pseudo lib's are only interested in getting any "democrat" elected - no matter their conservative interests.

The republic exists in name only.

Blah, blah and blah blah. More Warren smoke and mirrors. She knows full well this thing is a done deal. If there were any chance of it not passing, she wouldn't be opposing it so vocally. It's a charade to make her look like a progressive populist. Bet the ranch: If Warren ever makes it to the White House, she will be every bit as much of a corporatist as Obama.

Have all you faux-progressives out there already forgotten the many promises Obama made in order to fool you in to voting for him? Of course you have!

Warren will be no different. Mark my words. Her job, much the same as the other hypocrite pretender Sanders, is to make you think their is a progressive opposition in our Congress. No such thing. They wouldn't be allowed to stay in the club if they could actually accomplish any real change. They know that. We know that. It's just that so many of you out there are willing to keep take a run at the football, only to have Lucy pull it back once again.

Does anybody in the American left still hold out any delusions that Obama is anything more than another corporate shill. He is an empty suit straight from the Clinton closet. And like slick willy, he will sell everyone and everything out in the Democratic Party to get what he wants. The problem is that nobody seems to know what the hell Barack Obama wants. But more and more, as time passes we certainly get an inkling.
Just like healthcare reform, nobody could possibly be this bad a negotiator. He planned on selling us out on single payer, and then did. And now he is clearing his throat, about to sing his aria in the form of the TPP. It appears his aim is to top the great Clinton sellout when he gutted Glass-Steagle.

I'm Glad The Turd Way People Are Here!! To Put There 2 Cents Worth In!! Obama Has Always Been A University Of Chicago School Of Economics aka Milton Friedman's BS Kind Of Guy!!!! Obama Is The Most Neo-Liberal President Ever!!!

If I were Obama, I would put up. Warren is smarter, tougher and more principled then he is- as well as being absolutely right on this issue.

So you would prefer no public discussion of this issue at all?

mcp

Obama has never negotiated anything. He simply fills orders dictated by the 1% and spouts populist platitudes to keep his base dumbed down.

Obama said that the Democratic criticism that "gets on [his] nerves the most" is the notion that his TPP pact is "secret," and went on to insist that the terms of [the] TPP will help American workers.

Alrighty then Pinocchio, let A-L-L of us see the entire pact so that we can make up our minds on our own! And while I realize the fact that far too many peons voted for you in both elections, it doesn't mean we are stupid enough to swallow your propaganda now!

Obama is a cheap, sleazy, two-bit mobster, and it is nice to see a few elected Democrats are beginning to notice.

"The Obama administration has been negotiating the TPP deal since the early days of his presidency."

This is, in fact, the ONE priority of the Obama administration. He has been seeking it throughout his 8 years in office and devoted enormous resources to it. He has lobbied Congresspeople about it more than any other issue, including wars he has promoted or economic policies. What does that tell you?

" Obama, like Stephen Harper, absolutely hates democracy. That's because
it's exactly what can trip up a tool like him. He too worships the
powerful (in the military, the political class and the corporate world)
and would like to also be powerful. "

Unfortunately, Obama's actions lend credence to this.

Unfortunately, I think you are probably right.

Yep, "progressives" need Hillary to blather the correct sound bites to convince themselves she's a progressive. Get real.

Another example of the self-defeating negativity of ultra-left armchair idealists. There are no perfect saviors. We must either get behind the imperfect folks who dare to stand up and speak truth to power on any issue (even if they are wrong on other issues) or we must do so effectively or actively organize a movement that can. The constant criticism of any attempt at progress or fightback is a psuedo-left circular firing squad that does nothing but promote crippling criticism and under cut any possibility of progress.
I'm glad for this effort by Warren and Brown to confront the lying traitorous corporate democrats and to expose Obama. We need to support it and add our voices.