Home | About | Donate

Emails Show How Trump Official at HHS Tried to Get Fauci to Downplay Covid-19 Threat to School Children

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/09/09/emails-show-how-trump-official-hhs-tried-get-fauci-downplay-covid-19-threat-school

2 Likes

What are the American people waiting for? President Donald Trump does not belong in the White House.

11 Likes

Hi Maxwell 1956:

I suppose that everyone is waiting for SOMEONE else to do Trump in.
Maybe they will be in the bunker in the White House having a secret meeting of the most awful people and Trump. Perhaps the lights will go out----and when the lights come back on—ohhh a body—oh wait—2 bodies Trump and Pence-----whoa Nancy is President!
That’s the best i can come up with—a happy ending sort of---- but with a new beginning.

3 Likes

Alexander was right on. The critics were not and do not understand science. Science is about probabilities. There are few absolutes. To criticise something as an unproven theory is to demonstrate a lack of understanding. At the least it is redundant . A theory is by definition not proven. Once it is proven it is a fact or law. The probability that a child would get sick is very low. Less likely than being killed by lightning. Of the almost 200,000 deaths attributed to Covid, less than 100 are younger than 20. Dr Ionatis the head of infectious disease research at Stanford has said that the chances of someone under 45 dying of Covid is almost zero.

1 Like

Really??
“A theory is by definition not proven.”
What part of this don’t you get? When this theory is proven, kids die
Play Russian Roulette with your own kids, not everyone else’s.
There must be a lot of lightning in Mexico.

(h)ttps://www.savethechildren.net/news/save-the-children-concerning-spike-covid-19-deaths-among-mexican-childern
As of June 10, there were 2,622 and 52 deaths of kids in Mexico from COVID 19.

5 Likes

Yes, but going after the children is quite a dirty deed for an Evangelical, such as Pence claims to be. Trump, not so much, since it is expected of a NYC con man

1 Like

Science and medical field are about the scientific method and best practices. Theories and hypotheses undergo rigorous study of proof and effectiveness before committing to an absolute or fact. There is always a bell curve with outliers that fall outside the norm.
Covid 19 is more than about deaths of children, which is not zero. There is morbidity and transmission of the virus. Asymptomatic transmission to the most vulnerable is of upmost concern, but this administration has thrown many roadblocks against widespread and affordable testing to get to the facts. And at this time every person in this country should have availability to N95 respirator masks. The cloth masks and plastic face shields are not as effective as the N95. A simple order invoking the emergency ‘wartime’ production act would have solved this issue months ago. Instead we have massive death numbers. A vote for Trump is a vote for Death.
Caution in the face of unknowns is best practice at this time.

3 Likes

Yes, classically that would be “the wages of sin.”

Well said!

3 Likes

Fauci knows how to keep his own integrity. He easily stands up to Trump and his ilk. The cowards in a position to create the circumstances to take Trump out (go beyond impeachment-go conviction to removal to prison) need to follow Fauci’s example and grow a spine.

The right-wing trumper pressuring Fauci actually said:

“There is no data, none, zero, across the entire world, that shows children, especially young children, spread this virus to other children, or to adults or to their teachers. None. And if it did occur, the risk is essentially zero.”

If that appraisal of where we stand in the Covid pandemic is official policy there is clearly rampant mental illness on a grand scale emanating from the trump WH - a malignant metastasized tumor in America by people of zero moral compass, less wisdom, apparent no ability to reason, and zero concern for Americans!

The now laughable “opposition” is missing in action (very little of that) and support for Universal NFP Single-Payer health coverage is paramount among numerous failures, stupidity, corruption, complicity and craven open bribe-taking by corporate predators!

2 Likes

The only reason trump has “played down” any part of the Covid virus is to shirk responsibility for leadership in a national health crisis. He doesn’t care that citizens would panic—we did and we continue to panic at the incompetence and lack of a national strategy from this administration. Failure starts with trump. Failure and the end of life for many has ended with trump.

2 Likes

The school year starts very early (for most the beginning of August) here in my state, compared to the rest of the country. I haven’t seen recent data, but within a week and a half of starting, we had almost 3000 kids and over 250 teachers quarantined in this very low populated state. Now the teachers are starting to die, one less than 25 mi. from my house listed in the story below. This should serve as a warning for districts that haven’t opened yet, or are just starting to, but I have little faith it will.

(h)ttps://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/as-students-return-the-deaths-of-at-least-six-teachers-from-covid-19-renew-pandemic-fears/ar-BB18TqZz?ocid=msedgdhp

2 Likes

A vote for Biden is the opposite of death, a non vote or voting third party is a vote for Trump. I am not a dem tool/stooge but a realist’s. Yes we need a functioning third party that can win elections but it is up to we the people and it has never worked, NEVER
!

1 Like

Hi Roberto:
sigh----Yes Pence and others do a lot of claiming-------but I never believe hm. When I want to see if a politician is lying, I turn off the sound and watch what the body tells me. Many people think that the words tell all------but lies are difficult to hide. Try this sometime—it’s truly telling. : )

1 Like

Great idea, I’ll try it.

1 Like

Hi Roberto:
Collin Powell is a great one to study and you should be able to find that video. : )

1 Like