Home | About | Donate

Endangering Lives and Food Supply, Trump Labor Dept. Refuses Covid-19 Protections for Guest Farmworkers

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/07/14/endangering-lives-and-food-supply-trump-labor-dept-refuses-covid-19-protections

Well there goes access to food in the future in the manner we have been accustomed to. The USA is the epicenter of insanity.

1 Like

From personal to social, three outstanding features of USA culture position us directly in the crosshairs targeted by a very hungry microbe:

1. Obesity. US Americans are fat-asses, by and large. Microbe says “yum!”
  2. Freedumb. Our gawd-given right to be incredibly stupid. Microbe says “yes!”
  3. Inequality. An economy based on de facto slavery – cruel subjugation of subhumans – from the time of our founding slave-fuckers, with enough prisons to retain a real danger of falling even farther. Microbe says “party on!”

The third feature does the most to encourage the bug. We haven’t yet learned that subhumans carry pathogens which easily hop to all other members of the species Homo sapiens sapiens. In a sane country this might be a teachable moment. For us it’s fated to become a teachable decade.

A brief history of USA COVID-19 cases (latest CDC numbers):

> WEEK    28 DAYS             CASES
>         ENDING          NEW       TOTAL
> 
>   4.  01/27/2020           5           5
>   8.  02/24/2020          10          15
>  12.  03/23/2020      44,323      44,338
>  16.  04/20/2020     731,755     776,093
>  20.  05/18/2020     728,737   1,504,830
>  24.  06/15/2020     599,516   2,104,346
>  28.  07/13/2020   1,251,111   3,355,457
1 Like

Thank you for this. Yet another example of trump and his refugee goon squad racism.
Farm workers have always been ignored, threatened, victimized, and their health and safety a fuckin joke - this trump atrocity is on a par with the chemical poison industry that has killed and/or endangered so many with cancers and numerous diseases and serious conditions - for the workers, their families and children!

MOFO’s!
If I had my druthers trump and all the poison chem execs, especially from Monsatan and owner Bayer AG Nazi makers of Zyklon-B, would be forced to wallow in their own filth they refuse to protect others from - all for their obscene profits and damn the health consequences for others - after-all they are only peasant workers…

My ability to ignore, look away, or in some Bizarro world rationalize or excuse the enormity of the crimes against humanity by wealth and power reached zero some long while ago as my Bullshitometer increasingly red-lined!

1 Like

Our Mexicano brothers and sisters have been working for America in our fields and orchards for generations and what we gave them was not respect or hope or a future, mostly it was contempt and racism - a shameful legacy this hideous trump regime and the odious pos stephen miller make worse as they are contemptible and racist in every fiber of their worthless beings.

~https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jWFPLjYEaw

1 Like

Looks like The Ministry of Hate just keeps on going…

1 Like