Home | About | Donate

'Endemic Impunity': UN Report on Yemen Says United States, France, and Britain May Be Complicit in War Crimes

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/09/03/endemic-impunity-un-report-yemen-says-united-states-france-and-britain-may-be

2 Likes

The United States doesn’t prosecute our war criminals. Instead we send them on book tours where they receive softball interviews on mainstream media. Anyone see “Mad Dog” Mattis on CBS? Or they join the current administration like Pompeo and Bolton. Because they are certainly not in jail. That would be crude. Or we do stories about how they are now impish amateur painters like George Bush. Or we extol there virtues at their funerals as if they were saints like they did for Daddy Bush. Cuz when you die all your war crimes are forgotten. I haven’t forgotten what I saw in Panama Daddy Bush. Wherever you are. Hell, I hope.

8 Likes

Quelle surprise.

There is only one law now: Might makes right.

3 Likes

What’s with the “may be” business. They have all been complicit of war crimes since the1800’s.

6 Likes

May Be? Not good enough for warren and sanders to show concern now after the crisis has become genocidal. Where were these derelicts when obama was selling weapons in the billions? TIRED of bush, cheney, rumsfeld as the face on middle-east genocide. Where are all the fellows who ran the pentagon under the wolfowitz doctrine.

3 Likes

Both the front runners, i.e., Sanders & Warren have been notoriously silent on geopolitical issues re: the American Empire.

2 Likes

Raytheon and their ilk get paid by the bomb. It’s what keeps AmeriKa ticking. The AmeriKan Empire’s time is running out. Crony, piranha capitalism is singing its swan song. Pay attention to the XR hourglass, as Guy makes a point with his nature bats last approach.

2 Likes

No point in letting Obama off the hook, Yemen, Libya and more

"Five years into the conflict, violations against Yemeni civilians continue unabated

Funny, BO wasn’t mentioned in the article

6 Likes

only 2 of the candidates have even mentioned it. and both are now booted from the floor show known as “debates”. Gabbard and Gravel deserve gold stars for trying.

4 Likes

Remember when Wolf Blitzer questioned stopping arms sales to Saudi Arabia by saying, Hey what about the American jobs those sales create (of course he meant profit for the MIC). Is there any real moral difference between sending people to Auschwitz and taking their shoes, glasses and gold teeth and Wolf Blitzer’s genocidal arms sales? I think not.

Peace
Po

6 Likes

The first US foreign war was when George Washington attacked Libya … Why? Because the ‘Barbary Coast Pirates’ were interfering with the looting of Africa. An endless war crime.

3 Likes

The UN also clearly understands that prosecuting any American for anything is off limits. Toadies.

2 Likes

Which is a reversion to historical normalcy.

1 Like

It’s good to see there are a few good folks in Congress, trying to hold the system responsible for its immoral and criminal actions.

Without them and their actions, the ship of state runs rudderless in circles in the moral world. The only morality it offers is military aggression and deception.

Thank goodness for a few good men and women.

1 Like

The so-called Western Democracies.

2 Likes

The American military is a war crimes organization, and so are our military allies, including the Brits and the Saudis.
Blair and W lied us into a criminal war.
Vietnam was one long criminal war against people that never did anything to America.
The USA is, sadly, a butcher state.

3 Likes

Sanders won’t win the general election saying ‘bad’ things about ‘the troops’. I have every belief he will dismantle the American Empire, or at least try, once he is in office and never had to go on bended knee to the MIC donors and establishment Dems for their support. Not so sure the same can be said about Warren. She has said on multiple occasions that she will take dark money in the general.

2 Likes

but…but…Gulf of Tonkin…!!!

1 Like

Exactly. Our response is “So what.” We are so above any law that God’s robe gets in our way.
U.S. war crimes? Poppycock.

MAY BE !!! Gee, you think !!!