Home | About | Donate

#EndTheLies: Abortion Rights Advocates Slam All-Male Majority's SCOTUS Ruling on Fake Women's Health Centers

#EndTheLies: Abortion Rights Advocates Slam All-Male Majority's SCOTUS Ruling on Fake Women's Health Centers

Julia Conley, staff writer

Demanding unlicensed anti-choice health centers "stop the lies" they tell women who are facing unwanted pregnancy, reproductive rights advocates on Tuesday railed against the U.S. Supreme Court's 5-4 decision in which the majority ruled that so-called "crisis pregnancy centers" can withhold crucial health-related information from patients.

The hypocrisy is astounding—while the US is dropping bombs on wedding parties, while it’s being complicit in the murders of unarmed Palestinians, while supporting the Saudi “royal” family in its deadly attacks on its neighbors—four white men plus Honorary White Man Clarence Thomas just voted to impose their constipated version of morality on generations of women of all colors in the name of “the sanctity of life.”

Many years ago, I worked for a time at a for-profit hospital, which rented weekly meeting space to a “pro-life” group. I noted with great interest that the membership was entirely old white men. “The more things change…” and all that.

SCOTUS with Gorsuch is showing that it’s a reich-wing court with this and pro-gerrymandering, pro-travel ban decisions this week.
This ruling legalizes deceptive advertising so gestation slavery advocates can trick women into thinking they’ll get a full range of reproductive assistance when actually what they get is fetus-worshiping propaganda.
Regarding abortion, it’s useful to remember:

• There are already too many humans on the planet = mass extinction event.
  • Women often suffer pain, injury and even death gestating and bearing children.
  • Forcing a woman who doesn’t want to gestate and bear a child to do so anyway is a form of slavery, especially in the case of rape and incest.
  • Every human born is just one more sentient sufferer who will experience more pain than pleasure (read the book The Human Predicament).
  • Every human born is fodder as a wage slave for the capitalist elite and the labor treadmill.

There must be ways to counter this. Can’t NARAL construct signs to be held outside of fake centers indicating it is one? Can’t they publish a list on social media? Better yet, publish a list of real centers or create a label like a Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval and give it only to legitimate centers and advertise that if centers don’t have that label they’re fake. I think the left has to get organized and get more clever. The Supreme Court is nothing but another partisan wing of the conservative and Republican Party now that they corrupted the court by stealing a seat. Time to find ways to fight back.

That is a great idea but you have to remember there are legal penalties for any woman that cannot prove that her pregnancy falls with these laws. Any agency can make a referral to a law enforcement agency. Women have been arrested for this and even when perfectly legal it has taken up to two years and thousands of dollars to clear their record. If they have children it can affect them too. I think that is what these centers are for more than just advice.

• There are already too many humans on the planet = mass extinction event.

All the human beings on the planet could fit into the state of Texas. Wouldn’t be much room individually, but this idea of lack of space and too many human beings here is just…well, my BSometer goes wild when I hear this. I do agree, however, that the elites who view us as just so much worthless flesh taking up space on THEIR planet may well have an extinction event they will try to pull off.

• Women often suffer pain, injury and even death gestating and bearing children.

As opposed to all the unborn women who are killed every day without anyone to defend their right to life? Please, spare me the faux moral indignation.

• Forcing a woman who doesn’t want to gestate and bear a child to do so anyway is a form of slavery, especially in the case of rape and incest.

Nobody is forcing a woman to bear a child. Biology is quite simple. You don’t want to be pregnant, don’t have sex. But I will tell you where women are being forced (and often beaten into submission). Over 60% of all abortions are done under the threat of physical violence.

• Every human born is just one more sentient sufferer who will experience more pain than pleasure (read the book The Human Predicament).

This tells me that you are an atheist who doesn’t believe that there is something wonderful beyond this life. Tell you what…go to the ocean some day and just sit and watch a spectacular sunset that reaches right into your heart with its beauty, then reflect that this is just the handiwork of the One whose Kingdom is beautiful beyond all imagination. I’m really sorry you have such a truncated view of what life really is.

• Every human born is fodder as a wage slave for the capitalist elite and the labor treadmill.

No argument on this one from me. The challenge is to choose to not become what they want us to be.

Wow, I have never seen such a collection of irrationalities in one pro-gestation slavery rant.
You really need to abandon your belief in Bronze Age sky fathers and embrace rationality and fact.
Your lack of understanding of what humans are doing to the biosphere and species diversity is truly tragic.
Your total lack of compassion for the reproductive burden women that women disproportionately have is typical of a gestation slavery advocate.
Rape and incest are very real, and women get pregnant because of them. But people like you want to force women to gestate and give birth to their rapist’s fetuses. Sick.
And to top it all off, you believe in a “loving God,” but yet you are one of the least loving people ever.
That beautiful sunset you describe is seen through an atmosphere poisoned by humans, and it is the handiwork of billions of years of physics and evolutionary biology that allows us to have it, and perceive it.
Here’s the most enlightening thing you will ever see:

Two wrongs do not make a right.

Neither does allowing rapists like the Kennedy Boys and Bill Clinton to walk around freely. There would be a whole lot less rape if public castration for rape was a reality.

Wow. That’s some sick shit there.

I gather from you’re post you must have a house full of adopted children. Good for you.
Please provide reference to the 60% of abortions being done under the threat of violence.

No, but I will tell you what I do have. I do have twin sons, the same twins who we were told should possibly be aborted because Mom developed Adult Onset Diabetes in the third month of her pregnancy. We were told that if the children were see to have birth defects, we could choose abortion.

We chose life…period. The same day that we were told we could have an abortion if the children were not perfect.

As for adopting, I would have been GLAD to adopt, but the stinkin’ greedy Capitalist lawyers have made adoption so pricey that we, as a very poor family, couldn’t begin to afford it. My charity for the living therefore had to be expressed in other ways that wouldn’t cost $20K to do.

No, what is sick is slicing is living human being up into pieces, selling the “good parts” and throwing the remaining human remains in a garbage dumpster. If you support that, guess who is really sick???

Wow . . . Okay.

You think I joke?

Here are the real, sick monsters! Look how they treat human beings whom they have just murdered.

You obviously don’t care what anyone thinks. I hope you never need a kidney.

I knew you hadn’t adopted any children, you birthers are all the same. Still waiting on references to you’re outrageous claim of abortions being done under the threat of violence (no silly facebook shit), but I won’t hold my breath waiting.

Kindly explain to me what needing a kidney, in which no living being is murdered, has to do with abortion, in which a living person is killed in the most painful and gruesome manner you can imagine.

I don’t understand your question, can you rephrase it.

Fern - I made a comment in which I oppose killing a living child. You said in response that you hope that I never need a kidney.

No one is killed against their wishes for another to get a kidney. That is not true of abortion. I was trying to show you the difference.

No Ed, your post is to link I don’t access and the Spanish caption is something about satan. No thanks I think I can figure this out for myself.