Home | About | Donate

'Enough is Enough': Arrests Outside Pelosi's Office as Tlaib Backs Call for Immediate Trump Impeachment

'Enough is Enough': Arrests Outside Pelosi's Office as Tlaib Backs Call for Immediate Trump Impeachment

Julia Conley, staff writer

Several demonstrators were arrested on Capitol Hill Wednesday as progressives rallied to demand that Democrats in the House initiate, without delay, impeachment proceedings against President Donald Trump.

1 Like

“A poll released Tuesday by Quinnipiac University showed that more than a third of Americans believe that Trump should be impeached.”

C’mon Common Dreams, I want to be able to trust you.
This is intentionally misleading (even though your tidbit is technically accurate).
Yuk.

The headline for the link in your last sentence:
The poll found that 59 percent of voters surveyed said Congress should NOT begin impeachment proceedings against Trump, while 35 percent said Congress should do so.

5 Likes

The MSM is intentionally down-playing accurate statistics of those who want that criminal out of the White House and into a jail cell.

Oh, let’s make sure to give him a fair trial, before we put him in the jail cell.

5 Likes

Mr. Nadler, are you serious! Impeachment as of now, is not warranted? Another stall and tap dance? What more evidence do you need? There is an overwhelming, plethora of facts that Trump should be impeached and HAS VIOLATED THE CONSTITUTION and they are not allegations! So Sir, what is this BS about " convincing the American public that impeachment is warranted " !! You mean to tell me that the opinion of the American public is more important than the Constitution? Shame on you Mr. Nadler!

2 Likes

How will the Green Party members of congress vote on the impeachment issue?

Nadler will be the only one to move Nancy. Everything has to be documented, T’s crossed and I’s dotted before she’ll move. She has to present a case to the Senate. Then it’s up to the Senate to convict or not. It may feel good to ranted and demand but there is a process to be played out. Mob rule is not rule by Law.

2 Likes

Bloviating “Progressives” are utterly useless in the political process that is impeachment and conviction for high crimes and misdemeanors.

1 Like

Said someone attracted to and commenting on a story about an elected progressive and member of the Oversight Committee ‘bloviating’ on impeachment.

3 Likes

If you actually read what she has to say in her press conference, no she’s not the one bloviating. She also doesn’t attack Pelosi or Nadler. The bloviators are here.

1 Like

This is what Tlaib said, as per this article that I read:

“It is my duty to join By the People and CREDO today to hold him accountable and demand impeachment proceedings begin.”

Is that the type of bloviating you find useless but that you comment on anyway?

1 Like

Exactly. “More than one third” is a pretty distorted way of saying “far less than half”.

1 Like

Impeachment is not a popularity contest or a poll. Impeachment is a Constitutional duty.

To hell with the distractors who are in this comment thread to niggle over side-issues.

7 Likes

The level of denial by so called progressives is staggering. Trump’s crimes are a HERD of elephants in the room

1 Like

I applaud these Protesters, but hey forgot to bring Bats and lots of Stones.

Mob rule? Not yet. And the rogue senate will not convict. And Trump will litigate to the end of his term. That’s when the sh-t hits the fan. That will be the beginning of the end for Trump. But be ready for possibly years of court battles.
Webwalk is right though. The House needs to do it’s duty to impeach.

Pelosi and all of the Dem ‘leadership’ need to be made to feel uncomfortable in their corporate centrist triangulating little world. THe Worm has Turned - and to the Left

1 Like

“Uncomfortable” … is putting it mildly!

Don’t count on it. There too much behind the scenes deal making that we will never know about. Besides, Trump said, “ Even if I’m Impeached or defeated I won’t leave.” What next?

Trump said, “ Even if I’m Impeached or defeated I won’t leave.” What next?

Maybe about 50 million people descending on Washington and initiating a citizens arrest?

2 Likes