Home | About | Donate

'Enough is Enough!' Sanders Declares Corporate Greed Must Go

Only an imbecile would make an issue of Sander's label in order to dissuade readers from his message.

Do you see any other viable candidates speaking this openly, honestly, and vehemently about the role Big Money now plays in this nation's euthanized "Democracy?"

You're probably paid by something like the Cato Institute to make the focus a purported flaw in the speaker in order to take attention off of what he is saying.

That's how the entire MSM operates. And this tactic is used for 3 purposes:

1. To obfuscate the truth
  2. To maintain the status quo
  3. To demonize any opponents to said status quo

Right. Enough is enough. Unless you're building the F-35. In which case, Sanders has no problem with your corporate greed, as long as you build it in his district. And I guess enough is not enough when it comes to the greed of the apartheid state of Israel. Sanders has never met an appropriation for the criminal, Zionist state which he doesn't embrace fully.

He's a hypocrite. It's not about his label or whether or not he is the perfect candidate. He supports war and ethnic cleansing. Anyone with a moral compass would reject him. No progressive should support him until he changes his position on defense spending and Israel. These are issues which kill people and destroy lives. They can't be areas for compromise. Sanders has blood on his hands.

"We need to encourage business models that provide employees the tools to purchase their own businesses through Employee Stock Ownership Plans and worker-owned cooperatives. Workers at employer-owned companies are more motivated, productive and satisfied with their jobs."

I'd add MORE INFORMED, MORE ENGAGED AND MORE CREATIVE

I will definitely be voting for Bernie in the primary. Regardless of the outcome, the message, including as he stated, its not about him its about The People, the degraded conditions neo-liberal ideologues have fomented and the rejection beginning to occur worldwide as the feedback loop of consequences inevitably begins to feed on its own.

There is a tide coming in as peak neo-liberalism lays down the bulldozer blade on the beach trying to cover the most backassward excuse for a century of financial manipulation never before seen in human history - and the full scope intentionally not being made available to prevent INFORMED CONSENT OF THE GOVERNED.

US SOCIAL FORUM opens tomorrow in Philly and San Jose
Schedule and Live stream of plenary sessions:
https://www.ussocialforum.net/live

You are right, it is a red herring used by people who struggle to find reasons not to vote for Bernie. I depend on the VA for my medical coverage and am thankful for Bernie's support. Of course the F-35 is a waste, it will take a lot more negative votes than Bernie's to nix it.

Bernie is shaking up the Republicans. Most of their shills left CD after the primaries. They are coming out in force again.

All you demonstrated is that a duck is a duck.

Nonsense. I voted fringe (Stein) last time and that is the last time. Green wilted long ago, Stein is likely to become another Harold Stassen, Harold Stassen is perhaps the most famous and distinguished perennial presidential candidate in U.S. History. A one-time Governor of Minnesota and former President of the University of Pennsylvania, he ran for the Republican nomination for President twelve times between 1944 and 2000.

"median family income is almost $5,000 less than it was in 1999." I don't think it improved much from 1980 to 1999 either (relatively). I will consider myself extremely fortunate should Bernie have a shot in the primaries. Warts and all..,

Vito and jangles and prariedog have been spouting this unhelpful rhetoric since before Bernie declared; usually, their posts are the very first ones at the beginning of a thread, which prompts counter-responses in return to offset their deliberate obfuscation. This is energy that could be better spent more positively.

Since regular readers are by now nauseatingly familiar with their tactics and their "arguments", I suggest that we cease putting our efforts into countering them, and instead marginalize them with a quick comment, repeatedly, such as "Same ol', same ol'. We're onto you. Bye, now." Nothing more.

They want to tie us down, and tie us up. Let's not give them the opportunity.

In addition to raising the minimum wage, I would really like to see/hear Senator Bernie Sanders call for enhancing the Earned Income Tax Credit. Here is what the eminently practical businessman Warren Buffett says:

• “There is an American nightmare alongside the American Dream, where
    the bottom 20 percent of households have an income of $21,000 or
    less. America can do better than that. We can raise the minimum wage,
    but I think the Earned Income Tax Credit is by far the most useful
    tool to really minimize poverty in this country and to reward work.
    It does not interfere with the market system. With that supplemental
    income, people can feel good about what they do in life, and that
    means the dignity of a reasonable job."

Vito and jangles and prariedog have been spouting this unhelpful rhetoric since before Bernie declared; usually, their posts are the very first ones at the beginning of a thread, which prompts counter-responses in return to offset their deliberate obfuscation. This is energy that could be better spent more positively.

Since regular readers are by now nauseatingly familiar with their tactics and their "arguments", I suggest that we cease putting our efforts into countering them, and instead marginalize them with a quick comment, repeatedly, such as "Same ol', same ol'. We're onto you. Bye, now." Nothing more.

They want to tie us down, and tie us up. Let's not give them the opportunity.

I would say that Bernie is the best you are likely to get in this race, and I would like to see him win. The alternatives range from quite a lot worse (Hillary) all the way to downright despicable (Linsey Graham, Bush/Wolfowitz). Looking back in 20 years time, it may well be that Obama's biggest positive contribution is that his presidency delayed Hillary Clinton's presidency. If you are not totally lucky, but not totally unlucky, you might find out whether or not that is true.

Like Obama, Bernie has some serious flaws and if you are totally lucky, you will get to have them rubbed in your face. You wont have wait for the first 100 days of his presidency in order to be disappointed, because it might become obvious as soon as he appoints his heads of departments. Dont be angry at anyone who points out the flaws ahead of time. They will be the ones to say "I told you so", and they will call you Berniebots and admonish you for ignoring the signs.

Obama's biggest positive contribution is that his presidency revealed the true nature of the Democratic Party. As Gilens and Page have shown, the system is captured and unless backed by the elites, legislative outcomes, policy prescriptions, are NEVER, EVER in our favor. NEVER.

“Ask her (Jill Stein) some international questions and see what happens.” Ask ANY other candidate some international questions during an election year and 'see what happens'. A lot of stale cliches. And the comment that Stein isn't 'qualified' to be president? In the last 35 years of presidential administrations, just where do you find the barometer of 'qualifications' to make that judgment of Stein. Ronald Reagan, George W. Bush, Dan Quayle, Sarah Palin. Compared to those 'high qualifiers' Jill Stein is overqualified.

Your skill at insults makes me think you could easily get a job on Fox News.

Yeah. You are right. I'd rather vote for Ralph Nader who is anti-war and Green Environment, but he's not running. Ralph's experience can be instructive however. Instead of spending all his time in 50 state courts jumping through endless hoops just to get his independent name to appear on the ballots, and instead of being black-balled out of the presidential debates, by running as an electable Democrat, Bernie can go after the root evil that is killing us all: Corporate Superpower (if the media will cover his message.)

Now if you persist in demanding a Mother Teresa come along as a candidate, I fear you are going to be in for a very long wait. The Rothschild, Rockefeller and Dupont warmonger families are never going to let her be on the ballot.

"Distraction"? The $400 billion (low-end estimate of final costs) for Bernie's F-35 could go a long way toward helping vets and others in need that Sanders panders to...

You are right Goat. This war on the middle class has to go. TPP is the final insult.

I'll be voting for Bernie also.