Home | About | Donate

Enough With the Emails and All the Other Petty, Ugly, Superfluous Crap

Enough With the Emails and All the Other Petty, Ugly, Superfluous Crap

So the Democratic debate nobody would watch - because ugh, said the mainstream media, who wants to see grown-ups debating substantive issues - drew record numbers. As usual, the pundits saw their own Hillary-centric version, while we and social media thought Bernie hit it out of the oligarchic park. Everyone loved his damn emails line, and almost everyone gave him money after it. Andy Borowitz set a low but vital bar: "I felt comfortable with these people being free to roam among us."

Thanks for the clarification on the Sanders' honeymoon. I had no idea what that was all about. Typical George Will, he fashions himself as such an intellect--not.

"I didn't agree with everything that was said," but unlike the GOP Hollywood Squares circus, I found there was at least some attention to the very IDEA of Policy Matters. Next debate I hope we see a sincere focus on the future, less on the past, and much, much on Policy. Americans are being bated and switched with talk of who looks good, and whose numbers are down. We don't care how they look. We don't care what the lying pundits believe. Ignore the stupid pundits. Let them live in their little fantasies.

WE DO CARE about POLICIES, RIGHTS, JOBS, ECOLOGY. Let's try to focus.