Home | About | Donate

EPA’s Scott Pruitt: The Great Disruptor

EPA’s Scott Pruitt: The Great Disruptor

Diane Wilson

On January 17, 2017, a congressional hearing to confirm Scott Pruitt, Donald Trump’s chosen appointee to head the Environmental Protection Agency, was held in Washington, D.C. Now, anybody who knows anything about fracking or oil well drilling knows that wherever there’s a roomful of well-dressed executives, oil probably ain’t far behind. So, I figured there was going to be a lot of oil in that room just listening to themselves talking to each other. I also thought they needed a little education from someone who also knows a lot about oil but from a somewhat different perspective.

Well, there's nothing like facts to sober up the conversation. Thanks for sharing this. There is no doubt that Scott Pruitt is and will be a disaster. There is a sliver of hope that the law will constrain him doing all of the damage he would like to do, but we can all expect that things are going to get much worse before they ever get better. And by then, it may well be too late, as we race for the climate precipice. Like Wiley Coyote, Pruitt and Trump will eventually end up at the bottom of the canyon, in a cloud of dust. The question is whether they will take us with them or not. It doesn't look good and the story related here is nothing less than a precursor to our demise.

We must all Resist! Resist! Resist!

I'm with ya, baby!: * citizenuntiedblog.wordpress.com — Citizens Un-tied

If perjury is a big deal Sessions, why not for Pruitt, too? He used a private email server. I thought people had issues with that.

www.dailykos.com/story/2017/2/25/1637641/-Pruitt-lied-to-senators-in-saying-he-did-not-use-a-private-email-server-for-official-state-business

I guess this is just a case of alternative facts, so it must be OK.

Anyone that wants to allow corporations to defecate in Americans living space is a traitor.

Not to worry, Rocky – Pruitt is going to put an end to the rising tide of climate change facts by having Tweetle Dumb appoint King Canute as deputy director of the EPA!

We need to wake up to the simple fact that the 1% is the enemy of all humanity and of all life period.